This recipe goes back to when I was a kid…. I can remember my aunt making Caramel Puff Corn and all of us just crowding around the bowl eating it. I shared this some time ago, but today I’ve rephotographed the recipe (amazing how your old blog photos shame you!) and I’m resharing it because it’s just too good to miss out on!! I haven’t had it in years, so I asked my aunt for the recipe so time ago and with her permission, I’m sharing it with you guys. So huge thanks to my Aunt Beth for supplying this recipe…if you decide to make it, it’s like crack. I’m just warning you!
The recipe is simple…check it out below. You’ll LOVE this stuff!
- 1 BAG MIKE SELL’S PUFF CORN
- 1 C BROWN SUGAR
- ½ C WHITE KARO SYRUP
- 1 STICK MELTED BUTTER
- ½ TSP SALT
- ½ TSP VANILLA
- ¼ TSP BAKING SODA
- IN SAUCEPAN combine 1C BROWN SUGAR, ½C WHITE KARO SYRUP, 1 STICK MELTED BUTTER, ½TSP SALT
- BRING TO BOIL AND BOIL FOR 5 MINUTES STIRRING CONSTANTLY
- REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD ½TSP VANILLA, ¼TSP BAKING SODA
- PLACE BACK ON BURNER (HEAT IS OFF) AND STIR UNTIL FOAMY
- POUR OVER PUFF CORN AND MIX TO COAT EVENLY
- PLACE ON COOKIE SHEETS (SPRAYED WITH COOKING SPRAY) AND BAKE AT 250° FOR 30 MINUTES; STIR AFTER 15 MINUTES.
- WHILE PUFF CORN IS COOLING IN BOWL BREAK APART
You can put it in bags as party favors, gifts, housewarming presents, and much more.
I would suggest making a big bowl of it for a Teacher Appreciation Gift or end of the year teacher gift, it’s also great for Halloween parties, baby shower favors, and more!!