My mom called me the other day telling me about the most amazing appetizer she had at a restaurant with brie and raspberry preserves and we started brainstorming fun ways to turn that ideas into a simple appetizer. So last weekend we put together these simple Raspberry Brie Tartlets recipe and they turned out pretty fantastic!! These would be a great appetizer idea for a baby or bridal shower or even just for a Friday night paired with a bottle of wine and your spouse!
How to make:
1 package puff pastry
1 container of raspberry preserve
1 circle of brie cheese
- Defrost your Puff Pastry per the instructions then gently roll out. We used two round scalloped cookie cutters (one large and one a hair smaller) to create the tartlets.
- Cut the larger circle first and cut two pieces out and set one on a greased cookie sheet.
- Next use a smaller circle to cut out the center of ONE of the larger circles to create the “outer crust” of the tartlet (see below, it’s hard to put to words). To get it not to stick, it helps if you wet the cutter so it peels off easily.
- Stack the smaller outer layer on top of the larger one to create the actual “tarttlet” out of the pastry.
- Once you have them all cut, put a tiny dab of raspberry preserve onto the center of the tartlet. A little goes a long way!
- Finally, top each tart with a chunk of brie cheese…don’t worry about going too heavy. The tart will rise up and keep the yummy brie and raspberry inside!
- Place them all on a baking sheet and bake per instructions until golden brown.
- Pull out and serve warm!!
You can use just about any combination of preserves and brie if you don’t care for the raspberry…apricot, peaches, and more…all delicious!!