This post is sponsored by HomeRight. All opinions are my own.
I have this great, simple cobbler recipe that my mom always used to make us as kids. She used canned pie filling, cake mix, and butter on top…baked it into a perfect crispy crust and served with ice cream. Today I’m showing you how you can turn this easy dessert idea into an easy grilled dessert recipe making Cherry Cobbler on the Grill with Ice Cream on top! And if you use your HomeRight ElectroLight Firetarter to start your charcoal grill…then you’re in even better shape because it’s going to take HALF the time you’d normally wait for the fire to start!
Let me start by saying that this isn’t your “pretty” dessert. It’s not going to look fancy or pretty…but it’s gonna taste delish and it’s really fun for camping recipes or outdoor parties and cookouts!
Imagine this…let guests build their own cobblers on the grill! Set out different cake mixes, different toppings, different fruit options, and more! How fun would that be?! (sounds like a new blog post in the making!).
Here’s what you need:
Cherry Pie Filling
White Cake Mix
Butter (sticks are easier, but regular tubs of butter work too)
Here’s how to make it in three easy steps:
- Lay out two large sheets of tin foil on a hard surface.
- Directly on the foil add some cherry pie filling (as much or as little as you like).
- On top of the pie filling add a layer of cake mix–about 1/4 to 1/2 cup…more is better 😉
- Finally, add a few slices of butter evenly over top of the entire mixture.
- Fold up the foil length wise in the center and the fold the ends in to create a little cobbler tent (don’t smush it!).
- Place directly on the grill for about 15 minutes.
- Pull off the grill and eat warm with ice cream and toppings of choice!
See photos below for how to….
Note that I used my trusty HomeRight ElectroLight Firestarter for this. Not familiar? It basically removes the need for lighter fluid. You add your charcoals and use your ElectroLight Firestarter and you’re good to go on the grill in MINUTES! For this recipe, time is of the essence and an easy recipe deserves an easy setup and the ElectroLight totally does that! Check out more HERE on ElectroLight!
It’s not pretty, but once you top it with delicious ice cream…it’s a work of art! And it’s SOOOOOOOO good you guys! Trust me! And totally “calorie free” –wink wink, nod nod.
So that’s it…a super delicious grilled dessert recipe, made quickly with 3 ingredients and sped up with the use of the HomeRight ElectroLight Firestarter.