Are you a chocolate loooover? I’m pretty much a sweets ANYTHING lover and this Double Chocolate Cherry Dump cake is no exception. It’s so easy there’s even more to love about this recipe!
When your cake is done baking, then mix together your icing ingredients in a saucepan on the stove and boil for one minute. Once complete remove it and immediately pour and smooth over cake. This gives a great ganache type icing that is amazing!
Cut and serve warm or refrigerate…it’s delicious no matter how you eat it!
The cherry pie filling perfectly compliments this cake and gives it a little added flavor without being overwhelmingly cherry. And the chocolate topping keeps it perfectly moist!
This is a really great cake, perfect for our outdoor cookout or party! I hope you enjoy!
Here’s the recipe!
Grab my favorite Amazon products to make this recipe even easier:
- 9 x 13 Pan with lid
- Pyrex Glass Pan with Lid
- Insulated Casserole Tote
- 8 Piece Baking Dish Set with Lids
Double Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- For the cake:
- 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of Nestle Toll House chocolate chips
- Mix all cake ingredients together with a spoon and bake in 9x13 greased pan for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cake is semi-cool (doesn't have to be completely cool, just warm), boil the topping ingredients for one minute, stirring constantly, then pour over the cake.
Pin it for later…
For more good cherry recipes try these: