A few weeks ago I noticed that my Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake went CRAZY online!! It was my most popular post for several weeks and it’s such a great recipe! So today I’m sharing with you guys another take on the dump cake with this Carmel Apple Dump Cake recipe that’s PERFECT for fall!! I just love how this turned out and it’s like fall on a plate. I can’t stress enough how amazing it turned out! And the word “DUMP” in the cake refers to dumping it all into a bowl…someone inevitably always has to make the obvious “I’m not eating dump cake joke”….it really never gets old, I swear. 😉
1 butter cake mix
1 large can apple pie filling
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup of milk
5 tbsp butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- “Dump” all your cake ingredients together in a bowl and mix until blended and place in oven.
- Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, pull out when done and let cool.
- While cooling, start making your icing. Combine milk, butter, and sugar in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Let boil 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Once boiling, add butterscotch chips and continue to stir until melted.
- Note: I had a hard time getting all the butterscotch chips to melt, so I actually ran my topping through a strainer to catch any of the unmelted chips. Then I poured the entire hot mixture over my cake.
- Cake is best served lukewarm!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
You may also enjoy….