Now that summer is officially here, I thought I’d mix up my traditional baking and make a nice spring cake with this delicious new Lemon Cream Bundt Cake recipe! I’ve made various variations of this recipe on my blog over the years, but this is the first time I’ve used lemon and I PROMISE you won’t be disappointed. This cake is very easy to make and is deliciously soft and moist because of the pudding added into the mixture.
The recipe is fairly simple and incorporates pudding into the cake mix, which makes it incredibly soft and flavorful. Be sure to grease your bundt cake pan very well prior to pouring the batter in or you will lose the war against the pan! I know from experience. See the full recipe below.
Lemon Cream Bundt Cake
- For Cake:
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup of veggie oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- For Frosting:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your bundt cake pan well.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water, milk and eggs with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool.
- To make the frosting, use an electric mixer and combine powdered sugar with butter and milk until you reach your desired frosting consistency. Add more powdered sugar if it's too thin and more milk if it's too thick.
- Frost cooled cake and enjoy!
My family couldn’t stop raving about how amazing this cake smelled while it was in the oven, so if nothing else…it will entice your guests if you’re looking to create that warm welcoming “fresh baked” smell in your home. My son could hardly wait for me to pull this out of the oven! We let it cool for about 30 minutes, then tipped it out of the cake pan and let it cool some more in the fridge. Once it was completely cool, I iced it and paired it with a cold glass of Lipton Pure Leaf tea and it was the perfect combination of tea and lemony cake goodness!
We added some spring sprinkles for good measure and sat down after dinner to enjoy some delicious cake. It couldn’t be the more perfect ending to a great weekend with my family!
Don’t miss out on this perfect pairing!! And if lemon isn’t your thing, you can mix up the cake mix and pudding combination into anything you prefer…strawberry and vanilla pudding? Strawberry and cheesecake pudding? Vanilla and key lime pudding? The possibilities are endless and paired with a delicious and refreshing Lipton Pure Leaf Tea…you can’t go wrong! Enjoy!
You may also enjoy…..