Today I’m sharing a fun and easy dessert with you that’s sure to make any party just a little bit more festive! Birthdays are so magical for young children and mine just happen to have their birthdays about two weeks apart. On one hand I love how it makes March our “Birthday Month,” but on the other hand it can be a little stressful as well! Even by trying to keep their parties pretty simple, there are a lot of items on my to-do list come the end of February in order to pull off two parties within weeks of each other One thing that would make it a lot easier? This Birthday Oreo Trifle Dessert recipe!
Oreo Dessert Recipe
With just a few ingredients and minimal time, I can whip up the perfect dessert to help my kids celebrate their special day. Not only does it look fantastic and taste great, but it’s easy enough to make and assemble that my almost 5-year old can help! Does a recipe really get any better than that?
You could use any flavor Oreo you want, but I thought the Birthday Cake flavor was perfect for this occasion! In case another flavor might be of interest to you, check out these other Oreo desserts Abbey has on her blog!
And now without any further adieu, let’s getting going on with making this fun and festive dessert!
Birthday Oreo Dessert
1 large box chocolate pudding
1 small box cheesecake pudding
1 small box vanilla pudding
2 bars cream cheese, softened
2 tubs cool whip, thawed
4 cups milk (I used 2%)
2 packages Birthday Cake Oreos
8 TBS sprinkles
How to Make a Birthday Oreo Trifle Dessert
1. In a large bowl, use a mixer (I like using the whisk attachment) to combine one bar of cream cheese and the chocolate pudding mix. Slowly add two cups of milk and mix until smooth. Stir in one tub of cool whip. Set aside.
2. In another large bowl, use a mixer (with the whisk attachment) to combine the second bar of cream cheese with the vanilla and cheesecake pudding mixes. Slowly add the final 2 cups of milk and mix until smooth. Stir in the second tub of cool whip and about 5-6 tablespoons of sprinkles.
3. Take a trifle dish and place a layer or two of Ores (flat) on the bottom. Spoon the chocolate pudding mixture over them and add a layer of crushed Oreos (about 15-20).
4. Spoon the vanilla pudding mixture over the crushed Oreos and then top with remaining sprinkles. Add more Oreo cookies on top in a decorative patter, if desired.
5. Refrigerate until serving and enjoy!
I hope you and your party guests enjoy this fun Oreo Dessert! It would most definitely be the perfect ending to any Birthday celebration!