My coworker passed along the recipe to me some time ago and it’s still one of our favorites. If you love good, homemade comfort food, then you’ll love these homemade meatballs. They truly are the BEST Homemade Meatballs out there and are so full of flavor…they make a ton to share with a large group or throw into a Spaghetti and Meatball casserole too (like I did below).
The recipe is fairly straight forward and can be found below. Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl, then roll the meat into balls and bake in the oven.
I like to make a box of spaghetti, coat it with marinara sauce, and then add the meatballs on top with a thick layer of cheese. It’s a fun way to make a baked Spaghetti and Meatball casserole. I also LOVE making these into meatball subs with a thick layer of marinara sauce!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do. This is the PERECT time of year for cozy comfort food like meatballs and it would even make a great Christmas dinner idea, as well! Dress it up or dress it down.
- For Meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. italian sausage
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- marinara sauce of choice
- Mix all of your ingredients together for your meatballs in a bowl with hands.
- Once mixed, take a small amount and roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes. If they are larger they may need to bake a little longer or closer to 20 minutes.
- Once your meatballs come out of the oven, coat them with the spaghetti sauce.