I can’t deny that I’m a coffee FANATIC and this time of the year, when it’s cold and wet out, I want nothing more than to sip on something warm all day. In the mornings, I drink a few cups of coffee and enjoy a bagel and in the evenings, I like to make a cup of decaf coffee and enjoy it with something sweet after dinner. Today I want to share my recipe for Sausage and Egg Stuffed Bagels that goes perfect with your morning coffee!
The recipe for the Stuffed Bagels is so easy! Just add eggs, cooked sausage, cheese, milk, and seasonings to a bowl and mix. Then add into your hollowed out bagels and bake! You’ll start by hollowing out the bases of your bagels (I like to use cheese bagels for extra flavor). Cut off the top of the bagel as high up as you can go, then gently remove the inside breading of the bagel, careful to keep the “walls” of the bagel intact. Next place your bagels in some lightly greased foil and spoon your egg mixture into the hollowed our areas. Bake your bagels at 350 degrees in the oven for 15-20 minutes, making sure not to burn the bagels. Then remove and pull out of foil and serve warm! We always like to have toast or bagels with breakfast casserole, but this combines a tasty casserole with your bagels into delicious stuffed bagels that the whole family will enjoy with a warm cup of coffee.
Sausage and Egg Stuffed Bagels
- 4 eggs
- 4 bagels
- 1/2 cup sausage cooked and drained
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Begin by cutting the top part of your bagel out and then hollowing out the bagel so only the sides are left (try to leave as much of the sides as possible).
- Next, crack your eggs, add the sausage, seasonings, cheese, and milk and use a fork to mix in a bowl.
- Spoon the egg mixture into your bagels, then place the bagels in lightly greased foil and wrap around the sides.
- Place the bagels on a cookie sheet and in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, checking to ensure that the bagels aren't getting burnt.
- Serve warm with fruit and a warm cup of coffee!
Leave a Reply