My family made me the best steaks for Mother’s Day and as part of our dinner, I made our FAVORITE steak side dish ever…the BEST Cheesy Potato recipe on the planet! When I was a kiddo, my extended family used to call this recipe “Aunt Tina’s Cheesy Potatoes” after my mom who made them for all the get togethers. Little did we all know, cheesy potatoes casserole is a very popular recipe (whether you call it cheesy potatoes or funeral potatoes), but it will always be loving known as my mom’s recipe! 😉 So if you’re looking for a SUPER simple grilling side dish or something perfect to pair with steaks or burgers, this cheesy potatoes with corn flakes on top is your dish!
Easy Cheesy Potato Recipe:
So here’s an EASY way to remember the ingredients in the recipe….
You need 2 of all the ingredients!
- sour cream
- cream of chicken soup
So simple to remember when you’re at the store!!
Once the whole thing is cooked, then you top it with crunchy corn flakes and butter to give it a nice crisp crust. Then watch people dig in and LOVE your side. It’s so addicting. We literally make it with almost every family meal and none of us ever complain.
And paired with a delicious filet (my personal favorite) and your choice of veggie…it’s perfect. You can grab the recipe below and let me know what you think!!
The BEST Cheesy Potato Recipe
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup can also use cream of celery, cream of mushroom, etc. if vegetarian
- 1 2 lb bag of diced frozen potatoes thawed
- 2 cups of corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat your oven to 375 and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In the pan, first mix together your sour cream, cheese and cream of chicken soup until mixed well.
- Add in thawed potatoes and stir until combined.
- Wipe off edges of pan and place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Check the potatoes at 45 minutes and if still not cooked, place back in oven at intervals of 5-10 minutes until cooked and golden brown on top.
- Once cooked through, melt your butter in a small bowl and combine with corn flakes, then place on top of your potatoes. Bake for another 5 minutes with corn flakes on top until crispy.
- Serve warm.
If you like this, you’d also enjoy……