Hope you all had a MARVELOUS Memorial Day this week! I know we did and it gave me the summer fever bug of grilling, being outside, and getting in the water!! During the summer, especially since I work full time, I like to make the most of my days. I go into work early, I get out early, and I want to spend as much time hanging with my family in the pretty weather as I can! When we grill usually it takes FOREVER to get the grill started up and warmed, so grilling is normally a weekend task. Today I’ll show you my awesome recipe for Grilled Margarita Chicken Kabobs…
How to Make Margarita Chicken
- First, I cut up two pounds of chicken into large chunks and put it in a bowl with the lime margarita mix, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, and cumin and mixed well. I then let it marinate for about an hour, but the longer you can let it soak, the better!
- Then, while it is soaking, I cut up fresh pineapple and red and yellow peppers into chunks and set aside. I also pull out my skewers from the grocery store.
- Once everything is well coated and marinated, I start layering the chicken with the pineapple and peppers on the skewer. Finally, I take the marinade and drizzle it over the skewers one more time before placing on the grill.
Enter the grill…the mighty charcoal grill. My husband would never use a gas grill…each man has their own ways and my husband prefers charcoal. Once it’s started, the magic begins and you can place your delicious skewers of goodness on there!!
Cook for about 10 minutes or until lightly charred on each side and the chicken is done, then pull off the grill.
You know that smell you smell in Mexican restaurants when the waiter walks by with a plate of fajitas? Well, that’s what you’ll smell when you pull these off the grill. They are so amazing and the chicken was so tender! The peppers add a really good taste paired with the chicken and the pineapple is so sweet and really tasty grilled!
This recipe is perfect served with…
Grilled Margarita Chicken Kabobs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup lime margarita mix from a bottle non-alcoholic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 lbs chicken cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- pineapple chunks
- In a bowl, mix together all seasonings with the margarita mix.
- Add chicken to mixture and marinate for at least one hour.
- Slice peppers and pineapple and put them onto skewers.
- Cook on grill for 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Enjoy with rice and beans!
Love it? Pin it!