I think it’s safe to say that we all love a good one pan meal idea, am I right? There’s something great about being able to clean up dinner quickly on a busy weeknight! So today I wanted to share with you my favorite One Pan Feta and Spinach Chicken Tortellini recipe!! This recipe uses delicious fresh cheese tortellini and is paired with feta cheese, spinach, and chicken, and makes for the perfect meal time dinner idea that your family will love!! Today I’ll walk you through this easy dinner recipe and share with you why it’s my go to for a busy weeknight dinner idea.
I like to use fresh, not frozen, tortellini for this recipe. Fresh tortellini doesn’t take as long to cook, so it works perfectly for this one pot meal.
I start by cutting up my chicken and adding it to a skillet with about 1 tbsp. olive oil and fresh minced garlic. I cook the chicken until browned, then add in 1 cup of chicken broth, a can of diced tomatoes, fresh tortellini, and 8 oz. of feta cheese. I make sure to stir it well and try to get all of the tortellini in the sauce, then I put the lid on it and let it simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
Once it’s warmed through, I add in some spinach to the recipe and let it cook another few minutes, then serve warm.
Feta and Spinach Chicken Tortellini Dinner
- 1 bag fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 lb chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 package feta cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Start by cutting up all your chicken and placing it in a skillet with some olive oil and about 2 teaspoons of minced garlic to cook.
- When your chicken is done, add a can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup chicken stock, tortellini, and a container of feta cheese and turn the heat down to low. Cook it all together for a few minutes until the feta has melted and the tortellini has cooked.
- Stir in one cup of fresh or frozen spinach until cooked and then serve. You can serve over a bed of additional cooked spinach, as well, if desired.
My family of four enjoyed this meal and there was even enough leftover for me to take to work the next day for lunch! I love it when that happens. A lot of food made to feed a lot of bellies in a short period of time! Win-win!
Depending on what you like, you can always sprinkle more fresh feta cheese on top of your tortellini, you can also consider adding chickpeas or Kalamata olives to the dish to give it a little more Greek flare. There are loads of options. I like that I can sneak in a little spinach into the dinner without it being too overwhelming to completely turn my kids off.
Hope you enjoy this easy one pot dinner idea!
You’d also enjoy…
Pin it for later…