I’m one of those people that just snack and snack if anything like a dip or finger food is set in front of me. So in our household, dips and appetizers tend to go quickly, but they are OH so tasty!! We have made Velveeta for as long as I can remember. So I thought, why not spice things up a little and try something new this time? So today I’m sharing with you how I easily turned a summer classic, the cheeseburger, into a melty, cheesy, gooey dip that everyone can share and enjoy!! This Cheeseburger Dip Recipe is one of the top recipes on my site and is a fun recipe for BBQ’s, potlucks, and more!
How to Make Velveeta Cheeseburger Dip
- Start by browning your ground beef and draining (wipe excess oil off with paper towels).
2. Then in a large skillet (you can use olive oil for non-stick) place your cubed VELVEETA. Heat on medium-high heat until melted. Add cooked beef to melted VELVEETA and stir until well mixed and melted. Add in ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce and stir until combined.
3. Pour mixture into 9×13 dish and top with shredded cheese first, then a light layer of lettuce, and finally your toppings (I used dill pickles, artichoke and lettuce).
4. We like to serve Cheeseburger Dip with tortilla chips or even potato chips or bread chunks, as well. Get creative with how you enjoy this delicious dip!
So take a break from those grills and serve up an even meltier treat with this delicious Cheeseburger Dip (seriously great for game day – think Super Bowl!!!)
You’ll also enjoy these other recipes:
Grab my favorite Amazon products to make this recipe even easier:
Velveeta Cheeseburger Dip
- 1 lb beef, cooked and drained
- 1 8 oz. brick of VELVEETA, cubed
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- pickle slices
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- shredded cheddar cheese
- optional: diced tomatoes, onions, cream cheese, black pepper or other burger toppings
- Start by browning your beef (not too crispy) and draining.
- Next, in a saucepan place your cubed VELVEETA® and heat on medium heat until melted.
- Add cooked beef to melted VELVEETA and stir until well mixed and melted. Add in ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into 9×13 dish and top with shredded cheese, then a light layer of lettuce, and finally garnish your toppings (I used pickles, but you can add tomatoes, jalapenos, and more).
I hope you enjoyed this easy recipe idea! Next time you’re wanting something Mexican-like but aren’t really feeling the sour cream, tacos or queso…try this Cheeseburger Dip! You can even make it into a bacon cheeseburger dip if you so desire. Forget the crockpot and slow cooker – this quick prep time and the fast total time to make this dip recipe makes it a family favorite. Be sure to save recipe and pin it for later!
Pin it for later…