With cookouts gearing up, I’ve been on the lookout for some lighter and healthier recipes…recipes with more fresh fruits and veggies (like this Fruit Trifle), but that don’t lack in taste. I personally tend to gravitate towards Greek inspired recipes that use tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, kalamata olives, etc. so I thought I’d share an easy Greek Veggie Pizza Appetizer that would be perfect to bring to a potluck, cookout, or just to serve in your own home. This recipe is very simple and you can customize it to your liking depending on what flavors you like. Add more of your favorite veggies, toss on some onions even, and really add your own touch to this easy appetizer idea!
How to Make a Greek Veggie Pizza Appetizer
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. All you need is a roll of Pillsbury Crescent Dough, cream cheese, sour cream, and some seasonings.Then top the whole thing with your choice of veggies and you have created a light and delicious pizza appetizer!
Start by unrolling the crescent roll into a 9×13 pan and then baking at 375 degrees for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. While it’s cooling, start cutting up your veggies. For this recipe I used cucumber, tomatoes, and kalamata olives. Once your veggies are prepped, get started on assembling the cream cheese mixture. Once the crescent roll crust is cooled, you’ll add your cream cheese mixture on top of the dough and then top with your veggies.
This makes for the perfect light airy appetizer idea and it’s full of flavor and takes very little time to make!
How many people does this serve?
Serves approximatly 8-10 people depending on the size of the cuts.
How long is this good in the refrigerator?
This will last about 48 hours in the fridge, if not longer.
Can you substitute anything for the sour cream?
If you’re looking to cut calories, you can consider substituting plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream and use fat free or reduced fat cream cheese, if so desired.
You may also enjoy…
Greek Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 8 oz. package, creem cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- **balsamic reduction over top
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll both cans of dough. In ungreased 9x13 pan, place dough; press in bottom and up sides to form crust.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with vegetables. Sprinkle feta cheese over top and then drizzle with balsamic reduction, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
Pin it for later…