This time of the year is our favorite time of the year for fruity flavored dessert ideas. My husband’s favorite dessert is cheesecake and with some sugar cookie dough and a couple bars of cream cheese in the refrigerator, I decided to make one of my favorite desserts…Strawberry Sugar Cookie Cheesecakes. You may be scratching your head about the sugar cookie part, so let me explain. One of the things I enjoy least about making pies is making the crust. So a while back, I started using store bought sugar cookie dough and using it as the crust for my cheesecakes. Not only is it easy, but it’s super delicious!! It takes a huge step out of the whole process! So if you’re looking for an easy cheesecake recipe, then this is definitely it! Let’s jump right in to these fun little Sugar Cookie Cheesecakes!
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
These little lovelies are simple to make using store bought sugar cookie dough, so you can take them to a cookout or school function and make everyone think you put in TONS of hard work, when in reality they’re so easy to make. See the recipe below…it doesn’t take too long to make them and the yield is around 18 cheesecake cups. You can top with a variety of fillings such as cherry, strawberry, lemon, or raspberry. Or they’re good plain too!
To start, you use store bought sugar cookie dough slices and place them at the bottom of the cupcake liners. Gently push them down into the liner and place in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
While the sugar cookie crusts are baking, you’ll cream together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice until creamy. Pull the cheesecakes from the oven and gently use a spoon to push the dough down and create a little hole where you can put the cheesecake mixture into. Then spoon in about two spoonfuls of cheesecake mixture into the cookie cup and place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
At the 20 minute mark, check the cheesecake with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, they’re done. If not, put back in for another 5 minutes. The cheesecakes should just start to get golden brown around the edges and then you’ll know that they’re done.
Let cool for about 20 minutes and then top with canned strawberry filling. I also used fresh strawberries on top, as well.
How to Store Mini Cheesecakes
One topped with fruit, I like to store these in an airtight Tupperware container. They are good for about 3-4 days. Don’t leave refrigerated very long if you’re taking them to a cookout or potluck. They should remain in the fridge until it’s time to serve them.
Why Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Crust?
WHY NOT?! For me…I like recipes that don’t have 10 million ingredients and regular cheesecake can be quite difficult and expensive to make! All you need for this cheesecake cup recipe is a roll of store bought cookie dough, cream cheese, egg, vanilla, sugar and pie filling! I literally had all of that in my pantry today and was able to whip these out in no time!
What kinds of toppings can I put on my cheesecake cups?
I recommend all types of toppings including:
- white chocolate
- candy topping
- ….and more! Have fun with it!
Strawberry Sugar Cookie Cheesecakes
Strawberry Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Cups
For Cheesecake Mixture
- 2 8 oz. bars of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or lemon or other extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 log of sugar cookie dough
- 1 can of strawberry pie filling
- fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners in a regular cupcake pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl and set aside.
- Place 1/4"-1/2" slice of cookie dough into bottom of each liner (may have to manipulate dough a bit to lie down nicely).
- Bake sugar cookie "crusts" for roughly 10 minutes (they will make the liners look a bit greasy).
- After crust is done. IMMEDIATELY add about 2 tablespoons of cheesecake mixture in the middle of the crusts and place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Check at the 20 minute mark to see if toothpick comes out clean. If not, place back in oven for 5 more minutes. Cheesecakes should be just lightly golden brown on edges when done (don't overcook because the sugar cookie will get hard at the bottom).
- Let cool and top with pie filling of choice.
Pin it for later…
You’ll Also Like…