In case you missed these last week when I guest posted on Positively Splendid, I thought I’d squeeze them in on Christmas Eve because they’re just too pretty and too festive not to share with you if you haven’t seen them yet! My mom had this recipe in her recipe box and I thought it would be a great one to make and share with you today. These poinsettia Christmas cookies are easy to make and are super pretty! No cookie press required!
Poinsettia Christmas Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp yellow candy sprinkles
- 1 1 (4 oz) box raspberry flavored gelatin
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla, gelatin, and egg with mixer on medium speed. Once mixed, on low speed add in flour.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and on an ungreased cookie sheet, place balls about 2 inches apart.
- With a sharp knife, make six cuts on top of each ball about 3/4 of the way through to make six wedges. Spread wedges apart slightly to form flower petals (cookies with separate and flatten as they bake). Sprinkle yellow candy sprinkles into center of cookie.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool 2-3 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
Bake 9-11 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool 2-3 minutes and transfer to cooling rack. This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.
The dough is really fun for little hands to play with and my son enjoyed helping me roll them into balls.
So there you have it!! An EASY Poinsettia Christmas cookie that is both pretty and tasty and can be made in no time at all!
Thanks so much for having me today Amy and Happy Holidays to everyone!