I’m not sure that anyone can say that they would turn down a delicious, soft, chewy chocolate cookie if given the opportunity…and if you do, you’re some sort of monster that should probably stop reading this post now. Today that’s exactly what I’m going to talk about…heavenly, delicious easy chocolate cookies, but with a twist!! MINT! These Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies are a great spin on my Chewy Chocolate Cookies recipe that I’ve shared before (and that have been repinned over 16,000 times so far!)…they are crispy chocolate cookies on the outside and chewy on the inside. Make these chocolate cookies with cocoa powder and be SHOCKED at this easy chocolate chocolate mint cookies recipe with few ingredients can change the way you look at cookies forever!
I grew up making these delicious cookies with my mom and to this day, it’s her “go to” cookie recipe when she gets the mood to bake. My kids love making these with us because the batter is so rich and they enjoy rolling the dough in the sugar to get that perfect crispy outside and the soft, chewy, delicious inside!! These easy chocolate cookies can be turned into a double chocolate cookies recipe if you so choose just by adding mini chocolate chips to the dough for the extra boost of chocolaty deliciousness! I find that these are the perfect chocolate cookies as is though and by the fact that this is one of the top recipes on my site, I think you will too!
Grab the full recipe below!
Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp mint extract (or essential oil)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar (set aside for rolling the dough in)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream butter and 2 cups of sugar in a large mixing bowl (leave the 1/4 cup of sugar to roll dough in). Add eggs and mint and blend well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Blend into creamed mixture.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, roll dough into balls, then roll in the 1/4 cup of sugar set aside. Then drop mixture onto uncreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. They will puff up slightly during baking and flatten upon cooling. Cool on cookie sheet until set, about one minute, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply