Hello! I’m Erin and I blog over at Strawberry Mommycakes. I’m so excited to share my Pineapple Pork Lettuce Wraps with you guys. I created these for my Easter Hors D’oeuvres Party, but this recipe is great for any time of year. I love the savory meat mixture mixed with the sweet and sour sauce, plus the crunchy lettuce. Seriously, they’re so yummy!
For the Pork:
- 1/2 Tbs. oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. orange juice
- 1 c. crushed pineapple, drained (set aside juice for the sauce)
- 1 c. water chestnuts, chopped
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 3 Tbs. orange juice
- 4 Tbs. soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil to medium heat. Add pork, garlic and ginger. Season with salt and pepper and brown.
- Once meat is cooked, add soy sauce, orange juice, crushed pineapple and water chestnuts. Cook for 5 minutes and set aside (cover with foil to keep warm).
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and add to pan.
- Bring to a boil and turn down the heat to low until the sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Place in iceberg lettuce leaves and layer with rice, meat and sauce.
Be sure to visit my blog for fun printables, recipes and party ideas!
Leave a Reply