We LOVE sweet treats in this house and these Chewy Chocolate Cookies are one of my kids’ favorite recipes that my mom makes with them! They are slightly crispy on the outside, but full of fudge-like chewiness on the inside! It’s truly the perfect cookie consistency and NO ONE can eat just one! The best part? The recipe makes a TON of them (4.5 dozen to be exact) and it’s a very simple recipe at that… let’s take a look!
How to Make the Best Chewy Chocolate Cookies
The recipe is below and super simple. Once you mix together your wet ingredients, you’ll fold in the dry ingredients and get to scooping. If the batter is too runny, put it in the fridge for a little while to chill, then scoop out.
Bake for 8-9 minutes at 350º F then let cool for a few minutes out of the oven before transferring to a plate or wire rack.
The cookies themselves will come out with a slight crunch on the outside, but a soft, fudge-like inside that’s to die for! It’s the perfect combination!
We made these at my house this week and everyone wanted more! They are seriously the best chocolate cookies out there! Don’t miss out!!
Everyone will be begging you for this easy cookie recipe…don’t believe me, try them yourself! 🙂
You will also like…
My Favorite Baking Tools:
- Silicone Baking Mats
- Nordic Ware Aluminum Baking Sheets
- Copper Baking Sheets with 9×13 pan and lid
- 3 Tier Collapsible Cooling Rack
- Cookie Dough Scoop
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour, unsifted
- 3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar, set aside to roll it in
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Cream butter and 2 cups of sugar in a large mixing bowl (leave remaining 1/4 cup of sugar to roll dough in). Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Blend into creamed mixture.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, roll dough into balls, then roll in the 1/4 cup of sugar set aside. Then drop mixture onto uncreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. They will puff up slightly during baking and flatten upon cooling. Cool on cookie sheet until set, about one minute, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
If you like this, you’ll love the MINT version of this same cookie!!
Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies
Pin it for later…