One of my most favorite cuisines on the planet is anything having to do with Mexican food or tacos…I love spice, loads of flavor, and even some heat. Today’s recipe, in honor of upcoming Cinco de Mayo, is a delicious and SO easy Doritos Taco Salad recipe. This layered taco salad can be made with any toppings of your choice and comes together in a matter of minutes. This is enough taco salad for a crowd of people too…so it’s a great salad to make for potlucks and cookouts this summer. And I think you’ll be SHOCKED ay how easy the taco salad dressing is…shocked.
Taco salad with doritos is literally the way that I trick my kids into eating something “somewhat” healthy…mostly because it has greens and vegetables in it, but let’s be honest, it’s not trimming any waistlines. If you’re looking for a healthy taco salad recipe, this isn’t it LOL.
Start by making a pound of taco meat using your favorite taco seasoning and set aside.
Next, I add my romaine lettuce to the bowl, then top with black beans, cheese, olives, cheese and tomatoes. You can also do things like add in corn, jalapeños, onions, and more. Next I take about a half bag of Doritos, place them in a plastic bag and crush them up and add it to the top of my salad.
From there you add your meat!
Then it’s time to blow your mind. Want the secret to perfect taco salad dressing? Just add your favorite french or catalina dressing!! Hard to believe huh?! But it turns out perfectly!
I add a 1-2 cups of the dressing then give my salad a real good toss so that everything is throughly coated. It looks so pretty here, but it’s about to get real messy!
I made this for dinner the other night for my family and they really enjoyed it. The downside to adding the taco salad dressing is that if you don’t eat it all right away then the dressing really prevents you from enjoying it the next day. So if you think that it’s likely you won’t eat it all at once, I’d put the dressing on the side for your guests to pour directly onto the salad.
Hopefully you love this Easy Doritos Taco Salad recipe as much as we did! Grab the recipe below!
Doritos Taco Salad
- 1 lb taco meat, seasoned
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 bag Doritos, crushed
- 1-2 cups French or Catalina Dressing
- Start by browning your beef with your favorite taco seasoning and setting aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, tomatoes, olives, black beans, and shredded cheese (along with any other toppings you desire).
- Crush up a half bag of Doritos and pour over top of the taco salad mixture.
- Add browned taco meat on top, then pour 1-2 cups of French or Catalina Dressing on top.
- Toss the salad gently to combine all ingredients and serve immediately.
- **If not serving immediately, skip adding the dressing until ready to serve. If you don't think you'll eat the whole salad in one sitting, leave the dressing on the side to be poured on individually.