I have a super yummy recipe to share with you today, but before I do, let’s have a quick chat about something super simple and totally life-changing: Everyday Gratitude.
Whether you practice everyday gratitude through ritualized prayer, mealtime blessings or list-making, it is a lifestyle that all experts agree will reduce stress, increase joy and awaken presence. And who doesn’t need a little less stress and a lot more joy?!
Gratitude has become a part of my daily life. I leave a notebook and pen sitting out right beside my keyboard with a running list of all the things I am thankful for. It’s presence is a visual reprimand if I get too busy or frazzled during the day to remember the blessing held in every moment, and a regular reminder to me to slow down and notice all the beautiful right nows.
My lists are simple and yet profound. If you stopped today, and everyday for the next month, to write down everything you are thankful for, what would you say? Perhaps, like me, you would start to see some of life’s usual mess and chaos in a new light. Perhaps you would start to see clearer, breathe deeper, your senses awakened and alert as you pay closer attention to every aspect of your life. Perhaps you would notice…
103) Paint splatters & rows of drying art
104) Crumbs on my bare feet
105) Three-year-old I love you’s…
292) Air poppers and a child’s awe
293) Signs of Spring and early blooms
294) Deep breathes in the stillness before dawn
If you don’t practice Everyday Gratitude yet, why don’t you start today?
Food constantly finds it’s way onto my gratitude list! The recipe I am sharing with you today has been a part of many family dinners, friendship gatherings, and even welcoming home new babies, all of which I am deeply thankful for. I hope your taste buds are ready for a slightly spicy, super creamy, delicious dinner option: Cajun Chicken Linguini! Here’s what you’ll need…
8 ounces linguini
1 pound chicken breast strips
2+ tsp cajun seasoning
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1+ cup chicken broth
1/3 cup milk
1 Tbs flour
4 Tbs cream cheese
1) Prep all veggies – slicing peppers and onions, dicing tomatoes and mincing garlic.
2) Using last three ingredients, make a slurry (your creamy sauce) in a blender – mix milk, flour and cream cheese until well blended, then set aside.
3) While cooking chicken and veggies, bring water to a boil and cook linguini in a separate pot.
4) Cut chicken into thin slices and cook in olive oil and cajun seasoning until fully cooked (5-6 min). Remove chicken and set aside in bowl.
5) After setting chicken aside, use same pan to sauté garlic, peppers and onions, cooking 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) While continuing to cook peppers and onions, add tomatoes (diced mushrooms may be added, too) and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
7) Once peppers and onions are tender, reduce heat and slowly stir in your chicken broth and slurry. Add additional cajun seasoning if desired.
8) Return chicken and let warm in slurry mixture for another 3-4 minutes.
9) Remove from heat, toss in linguini and serve (be ready to unbuckle your belt – you won’t be able to stop eating this!)
Before you go stuff your face with this delicious Cajun Chicken Linguini, I have one final gift for you today! I have created a Gratitude Recipe card for you to download and use for free. Please feel free to share this with friends! If you missed last month’s Courage Recipe card, you can access it here.
Leave a Reply