Summer is upon us and summer isn’t quite summer without all the delicious grilling recipes you can try out. Today I wanted to share with you how to take your regular old Strawberry Shortcake up to the next level with this recipe for Brown Butter Grilled Strawberry Shortcake! It’s easy, delicious and it can be put on the grill right after you finish you cookout so that you’re only dirtying up one cooking surface! Grilled Strawberry Shortcake is an easy way to take your the expected Stawberry Shortcake recipe and change things up and wow your friends!
Grilled Strawberry Shortcake
Let your grill completely heat up and then wait for the fire to die down a bit before placing on the grill…this dessert is PERFECT if you already have the grill on making dinner, then you can just toss this on for dessert once the grill has died down a bit. This dessert literally needs about 5 minutes.
While you’re waiting, get your food prepped–slice up your strawberries and cover in sugar, make your Homemade Whipped Cream, and then make your butter and brown sugar mixture and use a knife to cover both sides of your pound cake (I like to use store bought pound cake to keep it simple).
Once the grill is ready, place the buttered pound cake onto the grill. Depending on what you just grilled, you may want to put foil over the grill before you put the pound cake on there.
Brown Butter Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Brown Butter Grilled Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tbsp sugar (for strawberries)
- store bought pound cake
- 3 cups whipping cream follow instructions for Homemade Whipped Cream
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Grill...
- Slice up 2 lbs of strawberries and sprinkle with 3 tbsp of sugar and let sit in fridge to chill.
- Make Homemade Whipped Cream or buy store bought whipped cream as desired
- In a small mixing bowl mix butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and blend well, then spread on both sides of the pound cake.
- Place pound cake on foil and grill for 3-4 minutes (as needed) on each side until browned, then pull off and top with fresh sugared strawberries and homemade whipped cream.