A fireplace really is the heart and soul of a room…a true focal point. Therefore, you not only want your fireplace design to be the coziest spot in the house, you also want it to look great year-round! Therefore, we’ve come up with the best fireplace decor ideas so your interior design can be top notch.
What should I put on the mantel?
Oh my gosh, there are soooo many different directions you can go in when decorating your fireplace mantel. For starters, I’d look at your surrounding home decor. If your fireplace is in the family room, what color scheme/home design have you already incorporated in that space? And then, start thinking about built-in mantel decorating ideas from there!
Firstly, you can’t go wrong with hanging a mirror or a few sconces above the fireplace. Whether you’re going for a more traditional fireplace or a modern fireplace, hanging a mirror or some lighting over your mantel is a classic touch.
Secondly, go for a minimalist look when designing your mantel. For instance – string some greenery and fill the wall space with some decorative accents such as glass vases, candle holders or a mini bookcase. So cute!!
Thirdly, overlap your mantel decor! For instance, put a large piece of artwork on the wall and then incorporate a few pieces of smaller work directly on the mantel. For the smaller accents, think about using dried flowers or mini birch logs to accentuate the larger artwork.
Lastly, contrast your mantel paint colors! I love when people paint the wall above the wood mantel to contrast the rest of the room’s color. Often times, people will paint the wall above the mantel to match the fireplace surround, so your fireplace space becomes a stylish focal point.
What are some fireplace decorating ideas?
Feeling stuck on how to decorate your fireplace? Don’t worry – from textured fireplace tile to centerpiece mantel ideas, we’ve got all the inspo for you!
Therefore, here are some common themes that people like to incorporate into their fireplace area:
- Mix old style with some newer, more modern pieces. For instance, if you have an antique fireplace, keep the original architecture but add some more eclectic decor onto the mantel.
- Go moody! You’d be surprised, but painting a fireplace all black is super in. Or, if that makeover is a little much for you…try to do black and white…still super cute and stylish!
- Warm up the room by incorporating a marble fireplace. This is perfect if you’re going for a more intimate, sophisticated room design.
- If you feel as though your room is lacking that special POP – brighten things up! Your fireplace shouldn’t put a damper on your living room design. So, paint a fireplace wall with a bright color (I love a sky blue) and hang an elegant chandelier in the middle of the room!
What are some ways to make my fireplace more inviting?
Let’s be honest, everyone loves a cozy fireplace. I mean, isn’t that the main purpose of a fireplace…to keep you warm!? Well, let’s go a step further. If you’re wanting to remodel your fireplace into the perfect cozy nook…where you can pull out a novel, bundle up in a blanket and just enjoy life…then keep reading!
- If you’re a plant lover, add a lot of plants! Greenery can bring a calming energy to your fireplace space.
- If you have a faux fireplace that doesn’t work, put some blankets and decorative baskets in it. The coziest nook imaginable!
- Add decorative books around the mantel or even in the fireplace (if it isn’t a working one).
- If you have currently have a TV over the fireplace, think about rearranging the room. Typically, I think a fireplace looks best as a focal point standing on its own.
- Paint the fireplace wall/mantel white, even if you aren’t going for a farmhouse fireplace look! A white fireplace just screams cozy.
So, on the best fireplace decor ideas…
Ready to get your fireplace design ideas on? Then keep reading!
In conclusion on the best fireplace decor ideas…
Finally…that’s a wrap! Hopefully you were able to find some fireplace decor ideas for your home makeover. If so, tell us all about it in the comments!
Therefore, if you liked this article on the best fireplace decor ideas, check out these: