This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HeroesEatMMs #CollectiveBias
My son is a HUGE superhero fan…it’s something he’s never really outgrown and he still loves all the Marvel heroes especially Captain America, Iron Man, and Spiderman. So when the new Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier DVD was released last week, we rented it Friday night, settled in and enjoyed a little family movie night. With family movie nights, we usually do something simple like pizza and then a treat after…so I made these yummy Superhero M&M’s Muddy Buddies to celebrate Captain America’s new movie!!
The idea is so simple…I combined white chocolate with red icing and separately with blue icing and then coated the Chex mix with powdered sugar to create a yummy muddy buddy in red, white and blue. Finally, using red and blue M&M’s, I added them in for a nice chocolatey crunch at the end of your bite. They were DELISH!
Red White and Blue Muddy Buddy M&M Mix
- 1 bag of M&M's with the reds and blues pulled out separately
- 1/2 cup frosting 1/4 cup red frosting and 1/4 cup blue frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- In two separate mixing bowls measure two cups of Chex cereal into each bowl and set aside.
- In two separate bags add one cup of powdered sugar each.
- In two separate small bowls add 1/2 cup white chocolate chips with red frosting (I used canned with red food coloring) and the same with blue frosting.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the frosting in the mircowave for about 45 seconds and then stir until lumps are gone and creamy. Once stirred, pour over Chex cereal mix in each respective bowl.
- Once chocolate is poured over, stir well and then drop into plastic bag, seal, and shake to coat with the powdered sugar.
- Do the same steps for the opposite color. This recipe works best if you make each color one at a time.
- Once all Chex mix is coated, add to a large bowl, mix with M&M's in red and blue and enjoy!
On Saturday morning, after soccer, we headed off to Walmart for our weekend shopping trip and were so happy to see that Walmart was looking to celebrate the Captain America movie too! They had out some fun stuff for the kids featuring Marvel Mashables, coloring sheets, and cupcakes with fun rings on them. So we enjoyed ourselves there a bit too.