Fall is my SECOND favorite season of the year, preceded by Spring. I’m following basic b**ch fashion and admitting that I love big fluffy sweaters, donning my boots, and enjoying all things apple and pumpkin spice (my NEW favorite drink this year is the Caramel Apple Spice drink at Starbucks…it’s what fall dreams are made of!). Today I wanted to share with you guys a new take on one of my favorite desserts, Sopapilla Cheesecake. Have you tried Sopapilla Cheesecake before? It’s what dreams are made of and it’s so simple to make. Because I love all things fall, I thought to myself, “This would be SO good with a little apple in it and as a great Thanksgiving dessert idea.” So here I am, following my inner recipe creator and sharing this easy Apple Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe.
Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe from Scratch
This recipe is literally the most fool proof dessert recipe out there. Your friends will be begging you for the recipe and thinking that you slaved away hours in the kitchen making it…because cheesecake ain’t easy to make, but little do they know that this is just a simple crescent roll cheesecake recipe. The Pioneer Woman’s Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe probably is just as good as this simple version and it takes under 20 minutes to put together and then 30-40 minutes in the oven!
How to Store Sopapilla Cheesecake
Sopapilla Cheesecake does have cream cheese in it, so I store my Sopapilla Cheesecake in the fridge with foil on top to keep it from going bad. Sopapilla Cheesecake is good in the fridge for about 3-4 days before it gets too hard on the sides to enjoy. I microwave my sopapilla cheesecake if it’s been in the fridge too long to soften it up a bit…it’s better soft.
Apple Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe
This Apple Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe is so simple. You need sugar, cinnamon, crescent rolls, butter, cream cheese, and apple pie filling. Most of those items I already have on hand at any time…and you can make regular sopapilla cheesecake or add a different canned fruit if you so choose! I also topped my Apple Sopapilla Cheesecake with Salted Caramel topping to give it another level of fall goodness!!
Apple Sopapilla Cheesecake
- 2 cans crescent rolls, no seams
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 16 oz can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spread one can of crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, one cup of sugar, vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the first can of crescent rolls, then empty the can of apple pie filling on top and spread well.
- Take the other package of crescent rolls and spread out on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- In the microwave, melt your 1/2 stick of butter and add cinnamon and sugar to it, stirring well. Drizzle the butter mixture over top of the crescent rolls and use a spoon to spread it evenly.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Check the top layer of crescent rolls to make sure it's cooked through before removing from the oven, if not done, bake until cooked through.
- Pull from oven and let sit until not hot, then serve warm or cold.
Leave a Reply