Tis the season for delicious desserts and today my Caramel Pear Cheesecake Strudel will certainly blow your mind. I took my traditional sopapilla cheesecake recipe and turned it up a notch with this tasty treat. This was my first time trying it this way and it may be my new favorite, especially for the holidays! I topped it off with granola on top and it gave it the perfect amount of crunch and added flavor! Let’s check out the recipe below…..
The recipe is as follows…
For the cheesecake filling and crust:
1 can of seamless crescent rolls
1 bar of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
For the pear filling:
2 pears, skinned and chopped
1 tbs cornstarch
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
For the topping:
2 cups of white cake mix
1-2 cups of granola
1 stick (more or less) of butter sliced
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and in a 9×13 pan, spread out your crescent rolls across the bottom.
- Next, in a small bowl, mix together your cheesecake filling toppings: the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until creamy and smooth over top of the crescent roll mixture evenly.
- Chop your pears up after peeling them and in another separate bowl mix the pears with the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix well and pour evenly over top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Finally, you’re ready to make the topping. Using a white cake mix, spread evenly over top of the cheesecake and pears. I used about 2 cups, but you can use more or less.
- Then spread 1-2 cups of Quaker® Simply Granola in Oats, Cranberries, Apples, and Almonds flavor over top of the cake mix. Finally slice the stick of butter into small slices and lay over top of the “strudel” mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Once done, pull out of the oven and using caramel topping (from a bottle), drizzle over top of the whole thing and serve warm or cool.
The butter melts in the oven and combines with the cake mix and the granola and creates a deliciously sweet and crunchy crust over top of the whole cheesecake! It’s delicious!!