Are you a Reese’s fan? They are one of my favorite candies on the planet. Always the first to disappear in our house around Halloween. But Reese’s did us a HUGE favor…wait for it….THEY MADE A SPREAD!! Yep, you heard correct, there’s now a smooth, creamy, yummy, Reese’s spreads. I foresee lots of yummy concoctions in the near future, but today I’ll show you how I used the Reese’s spreads to create the perfect holiday appetizer idea…a Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Ball covered in Chocolate Chips…with Nilla wafers to spread it on!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Reese's spreads
- 3 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, Reese's spread, and brown sugar together in a bowl using a mixer.
- Place mixture on top of a piece of wax paper and pull all ends of paper into middle to create a ball out of the mixture.
- Place ball of cheese into a ziploc bag and place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Pull out of freezer and remove from bag and wax paper, gently form the ball into a round circle and once you have desired shape spread the mini chocolate chips across a plate.
- Roll your ball over the chocolate chips coating all sides. Gently push chocolate chips in until all sides are covered.
- Place ball back in fridge to firm up.
- Serve with apples, nilla wafers, graham crackers or more for an appetizer cheese spread!
The ball itself is so easy to make! Mix together your ingredients and cut off a long sheet of wax paper. From there, lay the “mix” in the center of the paper and pull all ends together up at the top, then carefully twist the ends together until a ball shape is formed. To protect it, I then placed inside of a large ziploc bag, again sealing it so the ball shape would form, and placed it in the freezer for a few hours. When you remove it, gently peel the wax paper off and roll the ball onto a plate full of mini chocolate chips. Then place on a serving tray with items to spread it on.
The whole thing is a sweet appetizer idea that you can set out in between dinner and dessert or as a nice little afternoon snack for you and your family to enjoy with a hot cup of cocoa.