This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhereFunBegins #CollectiveBias
This is probably my most FAVORITE time of the year…it’s hot, but not too hot and we’re all getting used to being outdoors again. We’re grilling and excited to be seeing that crisp blue sky we miss seeing so much!! And in all that process, we’re trying out new recipes, searching for fun eats, and just having a blast with our families. One of my favorite recipes in the spring happens to be Strawberry Shortcake…simple and delicious. So I thought, why not kick it up a notch and try something different with Orange Creamsicle Shortcake using SunnyD, fresh mandarin oranges, pound cake, all smothered in a delicious orange cream whipped pudding topping! Is your mouth watering yet?!
You start by creating your pudding mixture using your Cool Whip, cream cheese, pudding mix, and 1/4 cup of SunnyD. When the pudding mixture is creamy and smooth, then you can begin building your shortcakes!
If you have kids or guests, it would be fun to set out all the toppings and let them create their own shortcakes. You’ll want to cut up your store bought (or homemade, if you have time) pound cake, set out some mandarin oranges, and leave out some SunnyD for your guests to lightly drizzle over their cake to lightly coat it.
You layer your pound cake, pudding mix, and oranges twice until your shortcake is complete. Then you top with a few more mandarin oranges for garnish!
It really does taste like a creamsicle and is VERY tasty chilled straight from the fridge or icebox! So make them ahead of time, pop a lid on top, stick in your cooler, and enjoy after a hearty dinner!!
SunnyD as a brand is unapologetically fun! You can find the new 24 pack of SunnyD at Sam’s Club for $5.38 from now until August!! I picked up a huge pack for my son’s soccer team…it makes the perfect post game snack idea!!
- One store bought loaf of vanilla pound cake cut into pieces
- 1/2-2/3 cup of SunnyD
- Mandarin Oranges
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1 small package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- Start by mixing thawed cool whip, room temperature cream cheese, and pudding mix together with an electric mixer. Beat until smooth (will be thick).
- Once mixed, add 1/4 cup of SunnyD juice to the mixture and continue mixing until smooth. Add more juice as needed until it reaches a nice, creamy texture.
- Chop up pound cake into bite sized pieces then layer at the bottom of your bowl or mason jar.
- Add pound cake, then drizzle a few tablespoons of SunnyD over the cake (not to soak it, but just to lightly coat it).
- Next spoon some of the pudding mixture over top of the pound cake and finally add mandarin oranges on top.
- Repeat steps to create layers.
- Enjoy chilled or top it with a lid on a mason jar and put in a cooler to enjoy on a picnic or at a grill out.
What recipes do you like to make during this time of the year for your family? I’d love to hear!