I don’t know about you guys, but I seriously LOVE olives. Black olives, green olives…you name it…I LOVE olives. I love them plain or even in a dish! Today I thought I’d share with you two delicious dishes featuring my favorite types of olives, green and black! My Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Bowls are delicious and a great healthy dinner option. Paired with my Cream Cheese Green Olive Rollups, they make the perfect evening meal for your family!
The Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls are so healthy and have such great flavor! Using black olives from Olives of Spain, they have a great variety of veggies and a nice tender chicken on top. Be sure to turn over that jar or tin and look for the Olives From Spain logo, to ensure you are getting the highest quality olives and taste the difference for yourself.
Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Bowls
- Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Bowls
- 3 large chicken breasts cooked in chicken broth in slow cooker and shredded
- One box of Mediterranean uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives from Olives of Spain
- 1/2 can of Rotel
- Feta Cheese for topping
- Greek yogurt for topping if desired
- Start by cooking your chicken. I placed 3 large chicken breasts in the crockpot with chicken broth and some lemon, salt and pepper for seasoning and let cook for 8 hours. Then shredded.
- Purchase one box of Mediterranean quinoa from the grocery store and cook according to directions. I substituted 1 cup of chicken broth in the recipe instead of water--for extra flavor.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add in Rotel, cucumber, and olives--all chopped. Let cook a few more minutes in the pan the quinoa was in to warm up veggies.
- Once ready, place quinoa and veggie mix in bowl, top with shredded chicken, then feta cheese and a little greek yogurt if desired.
And if you need an easy appetizer idea, these Cream Cheese Green Olive Rollups are super soft and yummy…and aren’t hard at all to make. They compliment the Mediterranean Quinoa perfectly too!
The recipe is simple:
Cream Cheese Green Olive Rollups
2 packs seamless crescent rolls
1 bar cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup-3/4 cup of chopped up green olives from Olives of Spain
Dash of onion powder and garlic powder seasoned to taste
Start by chopping up your green olives into small pieces and mixing with softened cream cheese and mayo. Add some onion and garlic powder to taste.
Once well mixed, unroll your packages of crescent rolls and spread half of mixture across each roll, then gently roll up length wise and put in fridge to chill. Once chilled, pull out and bake according to instructions on package or until a nice golden brown. Serve warm with Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Bowls.
So there you have it! Two deliciously easy recipes using olives that compliment each other nicely! All you need is a nice bottle of wine or glass of sangria and enjoy the yummy food!
This month, Olives from Spain will head to Miami for the country’s premiere food festival. If you are lucky enough to attend the renowned South Beach Wine and Food Festival, be sure to stop by the Olives from Spain station to sample some tasty bites. The event is expecting approximately 18,000 attendees.
For more awesome olive recipes check out the Olives of Spain.
Compensation was provided by Olives from Spain via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Olives from Spain or Momtrends.
For another healthy dinner recipe check out….
Leave a Reply