Watermelon themed projects and recipes seem to be all the rage these days…from watermelon shakes to watermelon mason jars, the pretty pink, green, and white combination seems to appeal to everyone! So I thought it would be fun to come up with a Watermelon Jello recipe for the blog today!
You’ve seen the multi-colored glass block jello before, right? Well, I took the same idea and made it watermelon tasting and colored!! It wasn’t hard at all to make and it was so pretty when I cut it up! Here’s the recipe below!!
Glass Block Watermelon Jello Recipe
- 2 3- oz. packages watermelon jello Jolly Ranchers brand
- 2 3 oz. packages green apple jello Jolly Ranchers brand
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 14- oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Prepare the watermelon and green apple jello separately according to instructions and set aside to cool in respective containers. Don't mix the jello, keep them separate.
- Bring another 1 1/2 c. of water to a boil. While the water is heating, sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over 1/2 c. of cold water. Allow to stand for about 4 minutes. When the water is boiling, pour 1 1/2 c. boiling water over the dissolved gelatin and stir to combine. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Allow to come to room temperature.
- Cut the green and pink jello into cubes placing the green cubes on the bottom of the 9×13″ pan and the pink/red cubes on top. Pour the cooled milk mixture over the green and pink jello and make sure the colored jello is covered and isn't popping out of the white mixture too much.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and chill a few hours, if not overnight.
- You can cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to cut into cute shapes for kids!
It’s not hard at all to make, but make sure to save some time to make it! 🙂
Think of all the possibilities you could make with these fun jello combinations!! You could make red, white and blue patriotic jello even! Hope you enjoy!!