I’ve always been a huge fan of tasty baked goods. My husband teases me whenever we go anywhere because I love exploring little bakeries with fun little treats. What can I say, I have a sweet tooth? We’re actually in Napa Valley, CA as I type, which is fun because they have loads of little fun places to try out, but they seem to have more of an emphasis on natural, organic ingredients without lots of sweeteners and artificial colors. It got me thinking about cooking and baking in my own life and today I want to share with you my recipe for Toffee Banana Rum Bread. I feel like this is so much better than your traditional banana bread recipe and it’s one of the best versions of banana bread recipes out there!
This easy banana bread recipe turns out so great because the rum extract adds the perfect fun little sweet addition and the toffee bits are so great on top. And if you’re not into the Rum/Toffee addition, substitute the rum for vanilla, leave the toffee bits off, and just enjoy a really rich, airy banana bread with Bob’s Red Mill flour. This will make the perfect Mother’s Day or Easter brunch addition and it will make your whole house smell heavenly!
Get the full recipe below!
Toffee Banana Rum Bread
- 2 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Organic Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 3 medium bananas
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1 1/3 cups Heath Bits of Brickle divided
- Heat oven to 350
- Grease and flour two loaf pans
- Stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder in large bowl
- Add milk, oil, rum, egg and banana.
- Stir until well blended
- Spread 1 1/4 cups batter in the bottom of each pan
- Top each batter with a 1/2 cup of toffee bits
- Gently spread about 1 cup remaining batter in each pan
- Sprinkle remaining bits over batter
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Wow! This is all of my favorite flavors in one bread! This looks amazing! Definitely on my To Make Soon list 🙂