A few weeks ago you might remember us advertising for a Cookie Swap! This week the swap commences with a great group of bloggers teaming up to share tons of yummy, blogger tested and approved cookie recipes! My partner was Emily from It Bakes Me Happy who shared with me these amazing, soft, and chewy Chocolate Toffee Coconut Crisps!! I was skeptical at first because we’re not big coconut fans, but I actually had two bags left over from another recipe I made a few months ago, so this was the perfect chance to use up what I had. I made them and tried them out on my husband…not telling him of the coconut (an ingredient he doesn’t usually like) and even he really liked them and thought they were good!!
Here’s the recipe:
1. Preheat your oven to 350º and line a baking pan with parchment or a baking mat.
2. In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips for 1 minute, stir until smooth, if the chocolate isn’t completely melted continue to heat in 15 second intervals.
3. Stir in the butter, mixing until smooth.
4. Working quickly, whisk in the egg and vanilla.
5. Stir in the coconut, toffee chips, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and sea salt; drop by 1/8 cup dollops onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are set. Cool on the pan 3-5 minutes and serve.
Yields about 1 1/2 dozen cookies
I really loved how these turned out. I can’t wait to make them again and they were so easy and 15 minute baking time?! That’s great. Don’t let the chocolate melting scare you either…it’s easy and you just mix the butter right in. The biggest difference I made was to use 1/8 cup dollups for the cookies instead of 1/4 that Emily suggested. They are still a very good size and it makes a few more that way.
Want more recipe ideas? This is just one of tons of options! The swap hosts, myself included, are listed below along with links to tons of other cookie recipes! Check it out!
‘); // ]]>