Hi The Cards We Drew readers, I’m Ashley from Simply Designing , a craft, DIY, design and occasionally a food blog! I am thrilled to be here to help Abbey out while she is taking some much needed time off for the arrival of her little girl! Eek! I am so excited for her! And I am also excited to share a really fun creation with you today: Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Lollipops! Yum!
Now let me be clear, these lollipops have no redeeming health benefits at all. Except perhaps the chocolate which I am sure has been shown to lower stress and anxiety in women everywhere…right!? 🙂 But these are really tasty and are a great treat to make with the help of your children! And your children will love you forever because you Just. Made. Lollipops! I basically became my children’s hero when they realized that I actually knew how to make those elusive little treats handed out by banks everywhere.
And you can easily make these lollipops too! I will show you how I made these scrumptious Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Lollipops and you can of course customize these with any flavor and color you desire! But Raspberry Chocolate is delicious!
Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Lollipops
yield: approx 8 lollipops
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp raspberry flavoring or extract
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1 drop neon blue food coloring
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- lollipop candy mold
- lollipop sticks
- candy thermometer
- heavy duty pot
- silicone spatula (or similar)
- microwave safe mug
- Place sugar, corn syrup and salt into a heavy duty pot.
- Cook on low until it begins to boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue to let your candy mixture boil until the candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees or until it reaches the hard crack stage.
- Remove from heat and quickly add in flavoring and food coloring. Stir.
- Quickly pour into greased lollipop molds.
- Place lollipop sticks into mold.
- Let cool completely.
- Remove from mold.
- You can of course leave the lollipops at the point and enjoy your Raspberry Lollipops! But if you want to take these to the next level…continue on!
- Carefully melt chocolate with a bit of vegetable oil in microwave safe mug. (Go HERE to see all my tips and tricks for melting chocolate. Seriously, you will want to read this before melting chocolate, especially in a microwave!)
- Dip lollipops into chocolate and let completely set.
Didn’t these turn out so pretty!? My children were so excited to taste these! You should see some of the photos of my son…he kept trying to almost eat it…silly little boy!
These Chocolate-Dipped Raspberry Lollipops were a huge hit around our house and my children can’t wait to try these in different colors and flavors!
You Might Also Enjoy these Tasty Blog Posts of Mine:
If you have a moment I’d love for you to visit me on my blog at Simply Designing! You can also find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and via Email.
Thanks so much for letting me stop by your blog Abbey! Good luck with your sweet little girl!
I’ve made suckers before, but never with my kids–they’d love these!