If you’re looking for a high-quality car seat with top-notch safety features than I’m sure you’ve heard of both the Britax Boulevard and the Britax Marathon. Not only do both car seats have layers of side impact protection, they also feature ease of use for you and your little one! Both are some of the best car seats on the market, but there are a few differences! So, in this article we’ll be doing a car seat review of the Britax Boulevard vs Marathon.
Let’s take a look at some of the Britax Marathon ClickTight convertible car seat’s features!
- Rear-facing and forward-facing positions
- ClickTight Installation system for easy installation
- SafeCell impact protection that’s undergone rigorous crash tests
- 14-position headrest
- 7 recline positions
- Plush foam padding and fabrics
Does the Britax Marathon turn into a booster?
No – the Marathon does not have a booster mode – only the rear-facing and forward-facing positions.
Now, let’s take a look at the Boulevard car seat, so you can make the right car seat decision!
- Has rear-facing position and forward-facing position
- 2 layers of side protection
- ClickTight installation system
- 14 harness positions & headrest
- Plush foam and removable seat cover (machine washable)
- High-strength steel frame
- Easy-read level indicators
What age is Britax Boulevard for?
You can use the Britax Boulevard from 5 pounds (rear-facing) all the way up to the forward facing mode at 65 pounds. It also has a seated shoulder height of 9 inches up to 16.75 inches.
What are the similarities between the Britax Boulevard and Marathon?
Let’s take a look at some of the similarities between these child car seats.
- Have an anti-rebound bar (ARB) option
- Both have a weight limit of 5 pounds to 65 pounds and the same height limits
- Both have a ClickTight Installation system for easy car seat installation
- No rethread harness
- Both have cup holders
- Both are certified by the NHTSA
- Harness indicators
What is the difference between Britax Boulevard and Marathon?
Based on the information above, you can see that there are quite a few similarities between these Britax car seats.
Let’s take a look at the main differences between the two.
Firstly, the main difference is that the Boulevard ClickTight has two layers of side impact protection while the Marathon only has one. Therefore, the Boulevard offers more support for your child’s head and neck and in turn, focuses more on child safety.
Secondly, the Marathon car seat is the cheaper option – $60 less than the Britax Boulevard ClickTight. So, if price is a concern for you – then go with the Marathon!
Thirdly, both car seats feature different colors options. For some people, when choosing a car seat this can be extremely important!
If you want another option from the Britax car seat brand – then look into the Britax Advocate ClickTight. Many parents who love both the Boulevard and Marathon say that the Advocate is also a great option!
Therefore, if you liked Britax Boulevard vs Marathon, go check out these: