Art Deco furniture is all about luxury and glamour. Think sleek lines, bold colors and new materials like chrome and plastic. Some popular Art Deco pieces include club chairs, sofas, coffee tables, and floor lamps. So if you’re looking to add some Hollywood glam to your home, Art Deco furniture might be the way to go.
Or – read Best Swivel Chairs here.
What is considered Art Deco furniture?
The Art Deco style was popular during the 1920s and 1930s (known as the 20th century Art Deco period). Art Deco is knownfor its bold geometric shapes, bright colors and use of new materials like chrome and plastic. It’s often associated with luxury, elegance and glamour. Some examples include Art Deco chairs, sofas, coffee tables and lighting fixtures. If you’re looking to add a touch of Hollywood glam to your home, Art Deco furniture might be the perfect choice. The Art Deco design/home decor definitely resembles statement pieces that flash back to Gatsby!
What is the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco furniture?
Art Nouveau and Art Deco are two distinct styles of furniture design that emerged at different times in history. Art Nouveau, which emerged in the late 19th century, is characterized by its use of curved lines and organic forms. The style often incorporates elements of nature, such as flowers, plants, and animals.
On the other hand – Art Deco furniture boasts more gemoetric shapes and bold, angular lines. The style often incorporates materials such as chrome, stainless steel, and inlaid wood. Additionally, it is often more minimalist and sleek in design compared to Art Nouveau.
What are the characteristics of Art Deco furniture?
Let’s take a look at some of the characteristics ~
- Geometric shapes. Think circles, rectangles – all that good stuff. Definitely gives off more of a retro vibe.
- Bold and angular lines: The furniture features bold and angular lines, which give the design a sleek and modern look.
- Use of various materials – think chrome, stainless steel, and inlaid wood.
- Minimalism: Often minimalist in design, with clean lines and simple shapes.
- Use of bold colors. Think bold and bright colors – red, black, and silver – which give it a striking and dramatic appearance.
- Incorporation of motifs from ancient cultures. Not to mention the functionality and craftsmanship that you can see present in this type of designs.
What are some popular pieces of Art Deco furniture?
Let’s take a look at some vintage Art Deco pieces (and some new arrivals). You may even see some from the famous Emile-Jacques Ruhlmann (a master Art Deco designer).
Therefore, if you liked this article, check out these: