This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
My mom is a MASTER organizer. She can take chaos and turn it into perfection and although I don’t have anywhere near her organization skills, I’ve learned a few things from her over the years making use of one simple product. Ziploc Bags. My mom can utilize a Ziploc bag for just about any purpose, but today I’m going to show you 20 Uses for Ziploc Bags that you may have never thought of!!
Some of these are so simple you’ll be shaking your head at me…while others are so genius you’ll be thanking me!! NOTE: I did google some of these ideas, so I’m not the Ziploc bag authority…but many of these were my mom’s suggestions as we’ve worked to organize my home.
1. Use Snack Sized Ziploc bags to store baby finger foods in your diaper bag or purse. Keep a small variety to keep fussy babies occupied while you run errands.
2. Use it as a funnel if you don’t have one on hand.
3. Use it for piping icing by cutting off the corner.
4. Use it to clean a shower head by wrapping it around the nozzle with vinegar and water and let soak overnight.
5. Carry Ziploc Bags in case you don’t have a place to immediately throw out a dirty diaper.
6. My mom taught me to use Gallon Storage Ziploc bags to store owner’s manuals and the small pieces that go with them. Keep them in a storage box or plastic container and you’ll be able to find what you need all in one bag.
7. Store puzzles and toys with lots of pieces in labeled ziploc bags.
8. Add a party favor to a Ziploc Sandwich bag and add a printable topper to the bag for a party favor or holiday gift. Like this:
10. Put your phone in a Ziploc Bag when you go to the beat or go camping so it doesn’t get dirt or sand in it.
11. Store gallons of ice cream in a Ziploc Freezer Bag for easier scoop-ability!!
12. Make art projects in Ziploc bags! Add some paint into the bag, seal tightly, and allow kids to “finger paint” or practice their letters in the bag of paint.
13. Marinate meat in large Ziploc Gallon sized bags.
14. Put photos in Ziploc bags and bind at the opening for an easy DIY Photo Album Craft project!!
15. Use it as an ice pack! Add water and dawn soap to a baggie and place in the freezer. The soap doesn’t freeze and you can use it to treat bumped heads and ouchies!
16. Have a small amount of leftovers? Instead of dirtying a tupperwear container that takes up space in your fridge, place your leftovers in a baggie for the next day.
17. If moving and disassembling things, use a labeled ziploc bag to keep all the screws, nuts, etc. together for each thing you take a part.
18. Take extra precautions in the winter by putting gloves, hats, scarves and other warm items in a Ziploc bag in your trunk in case you break down, get stuck in the snow, or have a car accident in the cold temperatures.
19. Place a piece of white paper in the baggie and use dry erase markers to practice writing or tracing letters. You can wipe it clean and start fresh each time!
20. When traveling, put full outfits into large bags for use access. I like to pack an entire bag for my baby daughter so when she’s out of the tub I have everything I need right there to get her ready. No more digging through your suitcase for that missing sock!!
Stop by Target to pick up a variety of Ziploc bags for any occasion…I find that having them in all sizes is SO helpful!! You never know when you’ll need one or find a new use for it!!