So a few weeks ago I saw this picture on Polka Dot Market’s Facebook page.
This wreath is so cute and really caught my eye and the woman who made it did an excellent tutorial on how she did it. So I decided to give it a shot and make my own. If you haven’t noticed lately, I’m totally getting into crafts, cooking, baking, etc. a bit more. If only I was better at it! With time, hopefully I can be as creative as some of these women! So here’s what I did.
You need the following:
- Ribbon (I bought seven different styles of ribbon from Michael’s). It was wired, but I pulled the wires out of the ribbon while cutting (not as hard as it sounds). Each spool of ribbon was 10 yards long, which was plenty. I ended up having to buy two 10 yard rolls of a solid color ribbon to wrap my wreath with…so you may want to buy eight spools, but it’s up to you. I used golds, pinks, creams, and greens for my wreath.
- One 18″ straw wreath (straw is cheaper and works just as well)
- Seamstress pins (I bought a box of 300 and that was plenty)
- Glue gun/glue sticks
- Thimble!! (I did not purchase and my fingers hurt for DAYS)
- Extra decorations for your wreath.
Ok, so I took the ribbon and cut out 40 4″ pieces of each type of ribbon. When I was done, I pulled the wire out of the wired ribbon…it was falling out anyways. From there, with the help of my mom, we glued together each ribbon in a loop.
Very cute! I love the sparkly ribbon you used!!