We love a good crockpot recipe in our household. Anything that we can put on cook and revisit later or that has lots of leftovers for lunches the next day is always popular in my book. Maybe you’ve tried Chicken Spaghetti before? I hadn’t until I married a guy from Texas, where I discovered a thing called Chicken Spaghetti. This recipe for Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni is very similar to Chicken Spagehtti, but made in a crockpot and made with rigatoni! I think you’ll enjoy it. Let’s jump into this easy Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni recipe…
How to make Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni
First off, you start by seasoning and cooking your chicken for this dish. This is the part that takes the longest and the chicken can be left in the crockpot on low all day to cook. Once you get home, you pull the chicken out, clean out the crockpot, and then chop up the chicken to add back in to the pasta mixture.
You’ll add your rigatoni, cheese, cream of chicken soup, and Rotel to the crockpot and toss your chicken into the mixture and let cook for about 30 minutes. Top with the fresh grated cheese and serve immediately!
This recipe serves about 6-8 people and is DELICIOUS reheated for the next day’s lunch. I recommend serving it with salad and garlic bread for your family or for your guests.
Hope you enjoyed this crockpot recipe. Be sure to share any of your favorite crockpot recipes in the comments below! We’d love to hear what you make in your own homes!
Helpful supplies for your cheesy chicken rigatoni…
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 large block of 2% Velveeta cheese
- 1 box Rigatoni, cooked
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Started by cooking chicken in the crockpot with one cup chicken broth and seasoned well with salt and pepper. I cooked on low for about 5-6 hours and then chopped it up once done.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate, clean out the crockpot, then add in velveeta cheese (half the large sticks), one can of cream of chicken, one can of Rotel, and mix well.
- Once it was melted and mixed, add in chicken and cooked pasta. Stir the pasta and cheese mixture well and then top with one bag of sharp cheddar cheese. Put the lid back on the crockpot and leave on low for about 30 minutes until the cheese is melted on top.
Be sure to pin this for later!
You’ll also enjoy…