Whether you’re interested in the Nike Blazer Mid 77 for a streetwear shoe, basketball sneaker, or even a lifting shoe – it will do the job and more! Even though this vintage sneaker has been around for over 50 years, it’s still one of the most popular high top sneakers on the market. So, follow along below for the complete Nike Blazer review.
Read our Converse vs Vans article here.
Our Nike Blazer Review:
- Super versatile (can be a basketball shoe, a skate shoe, you name it)
- Screams retro Nike sneaker (complete with the swoosh, leather uppers, suede accents, and vulcanized rubber sole)
- Unlimited colorway (off-white, white and black, and even some limited collabs)
- Perfect mix in between the Air Force 1 and Converse/Vans
- Pretty durable and fairly long-lasting (especially for an old-school shoe with a vulcanized rubber sole)
- Narrow footbed (can be really hard to break in and are not recommended for wearers with wide feet)
- Not a lot of breathability (feet can get suffocated by toe box)
- Some complain of not enough cushioning (only has a foam insole in addition to the outsole and midsole)
Table of Contents
Is the Nike Blazer comfortable?
Our Nike Blazer review found these stylish shoes actually pretty comfortable. Personally, I own a pair of Nike Blazers that I use as a lifting shoe when I go to the gym. While they took me a week or two to really break in, I’ve found them super comfortable after that.
Even if I decide to run on the treadmill or any kind of cardio – I don’t notice that I’m wearing such flat soles. I’d definitely say they’re more comfortable than any Adidas or New Balance sneaker that I’ve worn before.
Are Nike Blazers supportive?
It depends what you’re planning on using them for. While they were originally made to be a basketball shoe – I wouldn’t use them as that anymore as they don’t offer enough arch support.
For lifting weight purposes – I find them pretty supportive for a shoe with a vulcanized rubber sole. Similarly, I know plenty skaters who wear them and love them. They’re actually a lot more supportive than many think.
Don’t get me wrong, they probably won’t be as supportive as the Nike SB or Nike Air Max – but they definitely get the job done.
Why are Nike Blazers so popular?
They’re so versatile! Whether you want to hit the gym or rock them around the neighborhood paired with sweats – you totally can. Plus, they encompass that “vintage sneaker” look into literally any outfit you decide to wear – leggings, shorts, jeans, you name it. Keep on reading for more of our Nike Blazer review!
Do Nike Blazers look good?
Personally, I think Nike Blazers always look good. A lot of people say they’ve become basic – because so many people have a pair. However, I think they’ve come out with so many color and style configurations that if you want to find a pair that’s different, then you can.
They scream versatility – you can wear them with jeans, leggings, shorts, workout clothes – seriously anything!
What is the price of Nike Blazers?
The high-top Nike Blazers are $100 while the Nike Blazer low-tops are $85.
If you liked this Nike Blazer review, read these: