Hey guys!! I’m SO excited to show you my first room reveal in the new house this week!! As you may recall, we closed on our new house on Halloween last year and moved in knowing that we had a lot of updating to do. I talked previously about the color palette we chose for the new home and how we were going with lots of light grays and cool hues of blue and right before Christmas we finished painting our laundry room Tradewind Blue using Sherwin Williams’ HGTV Collection of paint from Lowe’s. Then for Christmas, my parents surprised us with a new white lower cabinet with pretty utility tub and our choice of countertop!! We were thrilled, so decided to focus on getting that room together first! Today I can finally reveal all the hard work we’ve done to this room!! **All links to products used will be found at the bottom of this post.
Let’s start with some before photos…when we moved in there was a plastic utility tub in the laundry room with old brown cabinets. The walls were painted dark tan (the whole house is painted dark tan and we’re slowly getting room by room repainted). Also, the ceiling had a long industrial style light that buuuuuzzzzzed every time you turned it on. It was really annoying and super ugly. Check it out….
As you can see, the woodwork is all brown, which is something we intend to fix and paint white. We have a half bathroom off the laundry room, as well, that still needs painted and updated. Finally, we intend to replace the brown doors in the room with two crisp white paneled doors…so we still have a little to do yet.
And here’s the AFTER!!
- Bought new white cabinets from Home Depot and raised them up to the ceiling, eliminating the short cabinet that used to be in the center. This created a ton more storage space in the upper cabinets. The cabinets were around $116 a piece and we bought three…my parents bought us the lower one for Christmas.
- We replaced the lower cabinet with another white cabinet from Home Depot and purchased a new utility sink. We chose a pretty dark gray laminate counter top with a sample from Lowe’s and purchased a black Moen faucet for the utility sink. It was important for me to have a sprayer in the sink.
- We painted the walls Sherwin Williams’ Tradewind Blue, which I think will really look amazing against the trim once we get around to painting it white.
- We purchased the mudroom from Home Decorators Collection online and assembled it ourselves.
- We received a light from Shades of Light to replace our ugly, outdated, and LOUD light that was previously in the room. I wanted a really cool light, so I chose a clear pentagon light fixture for the room. It does cast some shadows though, so please excuse the shadows you see.
- Then once everything was painted, installed, and ready to go…we got to decorating!! I turned to World Market‘s collection of amazing home decor to decorate the space. Links to all the products I used at the bottom of the post.
Here’s some of the decor I used…I tried to keep it all light, airy, and pretty…and World Market had just what I needed!!
I used so many cool things that you can find links to below and I just love how it all turned out. I tried to incorporate a lot of functionality to the space and turn an 80’s laundry room with limited storage into a place where we could store our cleaning products, dinnerware, utility storage and more. We tripled our storage space with this room and created a pretty “dumping ground” for backpacks, purses, shoes, and coats when we come in. The door to the laundry room goes out to the garage…so this is actually a room that many people walk through once they come into our home.
I hope you enjoyed my makeover. It feels so nice to have it all done!! Once we get the trim painted, I’ll be back with a final update and to show my half bathroom update!
Here’s the products I used from World Market:
Citrus Linen Spray *aka the best smell ever!
Teal Lace Trimmed Napkin (inside of utility tub)
Let’s get a final before and after……
Mission accomplished, my friends!!
What big project are you focusing on in your homes? Share your home projects with me on Instagram by tagging @thecardswedrew!!