This post was sponsored by Philips Hue via Momtrends Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Philips Hue or Momtrends Media.
In my house, Halloween rivals Christmas for how much we love the holiday. It’s such a fun holiday, and my kids, like their parents, like spooky movies, fun Halloween decor, unique Halloween costumes…and ALL THE CANDY! Today, I thought I’d show you how to easily decorate your front porch for Halloween and spice the spook up a bit with Philips Hue smart lighting.
Key Elements to a fun Spooky Halloween Front Porch
- Reuse tall flower planters or urns from the summer to create height
- Add an oversized element
- Add a few small decorations (skeleton animals are super fun)
- Find ways to light up your space and add a spooky ambiance in the dark– especially fun for trick or treaters
- Add a spooky Halloween wreath
This look is so easy, and it’s even more fun at night when it’s dark and you can turn on your Philips Hue smart lighting!!
Philips Hue is a smart lighting system that allows you to have full control over every aspect of your home lighting. Use the Hue app on your smartphone or tablet to personalize your lighting. Choose from 16 million colors or every shade of white light to match your mood, support your routines and activities, or create your desired ambiance for any moment in the day. You can also control your Hue lighting with your voice – just ask Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri with Apple HomeKit.
I added a Philips Hue Goto my front porch (that’s covered and protected from weather). The Go is versatile. When plugged into a power outlet, you can use it to paint your walls with colored or white light. Unplug it from the power outlet, and the Philips Hue Go becomes portable. Powered by a rechargeable internal battery, it can last up to 3 hours. Whether in portable mode or not, the Philips Hue Go can be fully controlled with your smart device. Although Philips Hue Go is not waterproof, it is designed to withstand high humidity, so it’s important that you don’t leave it outside.
You can use Hue smart lighting to:
- Set a spooky mood with light. Use the Hue app (available for iOS/Android) to select from your favorite pumpkin-like orange to an eerie green tone, or try one of the pre-set light scenes such as Blood Moon or Blue Lagoon. You can even bring your favorite Halloween photos to life; the Hue app will extract the colors from the image and apply them to your lights.
- Turn your home into the ultimate haunted house. Add in frightening effects to give trick-or-treaters, visitors or party guests an extra scare this year. Try Hue’s special Halloween lighting formulasto recreate a lightning effect or make it seem like a ghost is changing the color and brightness of your lights. Hue Haunted Houseis a compatible, third-party app, available for iOs or Android, that can add flashes and flickering to your colored lights.
- Create a thrilling sound and light show!Third-party apps like Hue Halloween (available for iOS/Android) combine haunting sounds and lighting effects, like eerie piano music and ghost sounds, that will make anyone jump. Or download the Hue Sync app(available for Windows 10 PCs or macOS computers) to sync your Hue lights with the beat of your favorite Halloween-related music tracks – from Thriller to the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack.
There are so many fun ways to decorate for Halloween. I hope this got you in the Halloween spirit this year!!