This post is sponsored by HomeRight, all thoughts, words, and opinions are my own.
Spring is in the air and of course, in the air you can smell the scent of the charcoal grill all fired up and ready to go! We’ve always loved the flavor that charcoal brings to our food and we grill out constantly this time of the year and throughout the summer. A few months ago I shared this Cherry Cobbler on the grill and one of my awesome readers suggested that they made a Grilled Pineapple Upside Cobbler using the same method! *Genius!* So here I am, sharing a new version of the recipe that I made in the fall…and equally as delicious and easy for this time of the year!
Here’s what you need:
Tin foil (two sheets layered)
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 slice fresh pineapple
1 maraschino cherry
Yellow Cake Mix
3 small slices of Butter
- Lay out two large sheets of tin foil on a hard surface.
- Directly on the foil add your brown sugar, one slice of butter, your ring of pineapple and your cherry in the middle.
- On top of the pineapple add about 1/3 cup of yellow cake mix and add two more slices of butter over the top.
- Fold up the foil length wise in the center and the fold the ends in to create a little cobbler tent (don’t smush it!).
- Place directly on the grill for about 10 minutes (be sure to check it so it doesn’t burn).
- Pull off the grill and eat warm!
We speed up this process of warming up the grill even more by using our awesome HomeRight ElectroLight Fire Starter. The Fire Starter makes it easy with no lighter fluid…no butane…just a safe and easy way to start a fire! Super-hot air ignites the flames, then fans them. Guaranteed to light every time, even in the windiest conditions. It lets you to easily light your fire in 2-3 minutes.
The ElecroLight Fire Starter would make such a great Father’s Day gift for next month! Get yours HERE!
Once you pull the cake off the grill, open it up to make sure it’s nicely melted and enjoy it immediately! It has great flavor and could be topped with ice cream if desired!
It’s the perfect post dinner treat that’s easy to make and easy to clean up on the grill!