Did someone say creating the perfect fall tablescape? Because fall is approaching quickly…(think lots of dinner parties around the table)! For me, one of my favorite parts of beautiful fall is creating table centerpieces that just wow. Whether you’re hosting a fancy dinner party with friends, a casual family dinner or even creating a Thanksgiving tablescape, I’m here to help.
How do I make a perfect tablescape?
When creating a fall table, my first step is always to prioritize a specific color palette. I tend to stick with one or two distinct patterns on the same color scheme, so the table decor isn’t too overwhelming. I love incorporating shades of yellow, orange (think of that burnt orange) and red. Additionally, I usually incorporate some brown (usually through pinecones) for a different pop of color.
Once I have all of my fall table decor, I make sure that it isn’t too overwhelming. Therefore, if your family is anything like mine, you guys will need a lot of space to eat (ahem, messy eaters!). Therefore, while decor is great, too much of it often becomes excess clutter. Which then leads to broken glasses when someone bumps an elbow, etc etc, you know the drill.
Furthermore, if you’re trying to find fall tablescape ideas on a budget, look around your house. Of course you’d be surprised to find items you can use laying around. Above all, I personally love going into my garden and picking fall flowers. There’s something about knowing that some greenery on the table came from your backyard. It’s special 🙂 Plus, DIY decor ideas are always so much fun (if you have the time!).
Lastly – use candlesticks! They have to be my favorite fall centerpiece on the table. Honestly, between you and me – if I were to give you a home tour, you’d find candlesticks literally alllll over my house. Haha!
What colors should I use when creating the perfect fall tablescape?
Obviously, creating a fall tablescape is up to your discretion. If you want to incorporate a certain color scheme – go for it. It’s all about your personal interior design style. Traditionally, however, fall tablescapes use lots of fall colors. What are fall colors may you ask? Usually they’re a combination of yellow, orange, red, purple and brown. These colors are inspired by the seasonal changing of leaves’ colors as the days and nights get chillier and chillier. But hey – again – go with whatever color fits your dining room 🙂
What should I do to set up for a dinner party (aka creating the perfect fall tablescape)?
- Make a guest list. Is it going to be a couples dinner party? Just a girls dinner party? If you’re new to hosting, I’d recommend only inviting a few people so you can get the hang of it before you go big!
- Plan a menu. What are you going to be eating? Will it be buffet style or will you have multiple courses?
- After you’ve figured out your menu, make a drink menu. If you’re a big wine drinker, I recommend pairing wine with what you’re eating. If you’re more of a cocktail person – go with that. Or, skip the alcohol all together. It’s really up to you.
- Start to prepare a few days in advance! If you are doing the cleaning around the house yourself, make sure you get a few days’ start before the actual date of the party. On the day of the party, make sure you have ample time to make food (if you’re cooking), get the drinks, get yourself ready and all prettied up, etc. Bottom line, just make sure you have enough time so you don’t stress yourself out.
- Lastly – create the perfect fall tablescape! How, you may ask!? That’s what I’m going to help you out with. Keep reading to get some great ideas on fall decor for the table.
Creating the perfect fall tablescape
Because if you’re wanting something like this:
Then buy this:
As a matter of fact, faux pumpkin or not, this piece is beautiful.
Similarly, these too!
In addition, this centerpiece is gorgeous.
Or, if you’re wanting something like this:
Then buy this:
Above all – this decor is so simple. Yet so elegant.
Surprisingly, I usually don’t love plaid. However, I really like it in the fall tablescape example above!
In case you’re wanting something like this:
Then buy this:
Because who doesn’t love milk glass? Truly a staple piece.
Therefore, if you like this on creating the perfect fall tablescape:
Then buy this:
Additionally, some other fall decor for creating the perfect fall tablescape:
For instance – I’m loving this fall decor piece!
In conclusion on creating the perfect fall tablescape…
With this in mind, I hope you found some great fall tablescape ideas. Of course maybe even some staple pieces that will look great in your dining room. For the most part, once you put your mind to it, it’s fairly simple to create a long lasting and elegant fall table. Sooner or later you’ll get the hang of it :). Equally important, I’d love to hear your comments down below! After all, we want to hear your thoughts!
As a matter of fact, if you liked this article, check out these:
In like manner, let us know what you liked in these posts above as well!