I start every day with a warm drink…I like to vary between coffee and lattes, trying new flavors and creations. There’s something so relaxing about drinking something warm to wake up and start my day OR even better…to end my day and relax after a busy afternoon. During the holidays, on Christmas morning when my family is at my house, we always start our morning by making our mugs full of hot coffee (or hot cocoa in my son’s case), sitting back with a danish or pastry, and enjoying Christmas morning together.
Usually while we’re enjoying our hot drink, my son is looking over the presents under the tree and we’re opening up Christmas stockings.
Today I’m sharing a fun recipe you can make to enjoy your coffee during the holidays with something a little sweet. This Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake is rich and savory and will go perfectly with your mug of coffee.
The full recipe (in printable form) can be found at the bottom of this post.
Start by prepping your bundt cake pan and mixing all the cake ingredients together….
Once mixed together (and the batter will be thick because of all the pudding!) pour into your prepared bundt cake pan. For the record, I used PAM Baking Spray and had ZERO issue getting the cake to come out. It fell out EASILY (more easily than expected), so spray really well with PAM Baking Spray and you’ll be golden.
Once the cake has baked roughly 45 minutes, pull out and let cool for about 10 minutes before flipping over on a plate to complete cooling.
Easy-peasy getting out of the pan! Let your cake cool and while it’s cooling, make your icing recipe.
You may need to add more or less creamer to the icing to get the desired consistency. I think I ended up using about 4 splashes of creamer and a tiny bit of milk to get my desired consistency, but I did stick with one stick of butter and 4 cups of powdered sugar.
Mix it all together and set aside until your bundt cake is cooled. Once cooled ice your cake, top with Andes Peppermint Crunchies and enjoy!!
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- For Cake:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 2 small boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup of veggie oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/8 cup Peppermint Nestle Coffee-Mate Creamer liquid
- 4 eggs
- For Frosting:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2-3 splashes Peppermint Coffee-Mate Creamer
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your bundt cake pan well.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water, milk and eggs with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool.
- To make the frosting, use an electric mixer and combine powdered sugar with butter and coffee creamer until you reach your desired frosting consistency. Add more powdered sugar if it's too thin and more creamer if it's too thick.
- Frost cooled cake, top with Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, and enjoy!