If you guys didn’t know…I’m an Ohio State Alum, “GO BUCKS!”, and we really enjoy watching OSU make it in the basketball tournament each year. Tonight we’re gearing up for their next big game and we couldn’t celebrate the evening without my staple side dish of Cheesy Potatoes. My family jokes that we use this dish for EVERYTHING and it’s really true…for any celebration, cookout, holiday, or party my Mom’s Cheesy Potato recipe is used. Typically we use corn flakes on top of it, but I decided to add some flare to it this time around and top it with crunchy, salty Kettle Chips and WOW she loved this combo! Here’s the recipe:
Cheesy Potatoes with Crunchy Kettle Chip Topping
- 2 lb. page of hash browns
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup or other creamed soup
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 2 cups of crushed Kettle Chips
- Defrost hash browns completely and mix in 8x11 dish with cheese, soup, and sour cream.
- Spread out evenly in pan.
- Bake at 450 for 40-50 minutes (or until edges are browned). You can test the potatoes to see if they're done or if they need to cook a bit longer.
- Once they are done, crush 2 cups (or handfuls) of Kettle Chips in a bag and spread them across your potato mixture and put back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
Here’s the steps to complete your cheesy potatoes…try not to salivate too much while they’re cooking…this recipe will make your house smell amazing!
While they cook, sit on the couch and enjoy the game and the rest of the chips in the bag. These chips are so natural tasting…my husband’s EXACT words (no lie) when he tried these chips were…”These chips are uh-maz-ing” LOL. It’s like he writes these posts for me. And they really are great! They are made using fresh and natural ingredients and these chips are the real kettle chips! They’ve been making these chips since 1982!
Once your potatoes are done and out of the oven, you can curl up on the couch and watch the basketball tournament with your family and enjoy your Cheesy Potatoes with Crunchy Kettle Chips on top! You won’t be able to resist making these again for your next basketball party!!
I headed to Walmart to pick these chips up and had a good time doing my Easter shopping there, as well. To see more about my Walmart shopping trip, visit my Google Plus album HERE.
Find Kettle Chips online:
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Kettle Chips #cbias #SocialFabric all opinions are 100% my own.