A few years ago I got on a huge Candy Corn fix and did an entire birthday party for my son around the Candy Corn Theme. This year we’re onto a typical five year old theme…Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles LOL. But it didn’t stop me from coming up with a sweet Candy Corn Chex Mix treat for Halloween festivities upcoming. So here’s a cute Candy Corn Muddy Buddy Chex Mix idea perfect for an evening of pumpkin carving or trick or treating! This candy corn chex mix is PERFECT for fall parties, Halloween parties, Halloween favors, fall party treats, and more!
How to Make Candy Corn Chex Mix
You use the same base recipe as my Superhero Muddy Buddies from a few weeks ago, except changing out a few ingredients! You can use candy corn M&M’s or regular M&Ms if you prefer, cream cheese frosting, white chocolate chips, powdered sugar, Chex cereal, and candy corn marshmallows *sold seasonally*.
You start by measuring out your Chex Mix and setting aside in a large bowl.
In a ziploc bag, you’ll add two cups of powdered sugar and then set aside.
Next, in a large microwave safe bowl, add your white chocolate with frosting and melt in the microwave at 45 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
Pour the frosting/white chocolate mix over the chex cereal and mix well until covered. Then transfer mixture into ziploc bag(s) with powdered sugar and toss gently until coated.
Once coated, return to a large bowl and then add in M&Ms and marshmallow and enjoy! If desired, you can also add in other items like sprinkles, nuts, other candy, and more. Get creative!!
Candy Corn Puppy Chow Recipe
Candy Corn Chex Mix
- 1 bag of candy corn M&M's
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Candy Corn marshmallows
- In a mixing bowls measure four cups of Chex cereal and set aside.
- In a gallon sized Ziploc bag add two cups of powdered sugar.
- In a bowl add white chocolate chips with frosting.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the frosting in the mircowave for about 45 seconds and then stir until lumps are gone and creamy.
- Once stirred, pour over Chex cereal mix in bowl.
- Once chocolate is poured over, stir well and then drop into plastic bag, seal, and shake to coat with the powdered sugar.
- Once all Chex mix is coated, add to a large bowl, mix with M&M's and marshmallows and enjoy!
Later this week I’ll show how I made this Chex Mix for a Pumpkin Carving party at my house and how you can win some great Chex goodies!
Pin it for later….