I don’t know about you guys, but I’m gearing up for holiday parties, work get togethers, friend dinners and more this year and it seems like each one needs us to bring something or another. So I got to thinking about an easy dessert that EVERYONE would like and that would be extra festive…but with a new twist! So I came up with this OREO Cookie Balls Christmas Tree…and I am kind of SMITTEN with how it turned out you guys!! Check it out….
Here’s what you need to make it…you’ll be SHOCKED at how easy it is!! (**I doubled the recipe for this dessert). Just think how perfect these would be for a family night setting up the Christmas tree, for a holiday gift for your neighbors or teachers, and most likely for me…a holiday party treat!
Ingredients (for this dessert this recipe was doubled):
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Peppermint Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted (for dipping)
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
*I used white chocolate and colored it a light minty green and rolled my larger cookie balls in that. Then I rolled about 15-20 smaller balls in white chocolate and sprinkled colorful sprinkles on them.
I assembled my “tree” first, then used an icing bag with yellow chocolate to make the yellow garland and put red hot candies in it as it was drying. Then I added the white “ornaments” to the tree after the yellow chocolate had cooled.
I’m in love with how it turned out! A nice crispy chocolatey outside with a sweet, soft center! And since I know many people don’t want to overindulge for the holidays, I thought the mini cookie balls would be perfect for those who couldn’t resist, but didn’t want to splurge too much!!
I bet you anything that your dessert will be the hit of the party when you show up with this cute little tray!!