I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. As a blogger, I can’t wait to try out the newest technology and newer ways to make my life easier, more portable, and more compact. So naturally I was THRILLED to get an opportunity to try out this Samsung Smart Camera and Tablet Bundle that I purchased from Sam’s Club.
My son, hubby and I got up early and headed out to Sam’s Club to walk around and check out what they had to offer. My husband, who HATES shopping, couldn’t stop shopping at Sam’s Club that day. So much so that our kiddo got tired and fell asleep in the shopping cart. You can see more about our shopping trip here.
We were both so happy to get to try this new product out-both being huge Samsung product fans.
My family is a big Samsung loving family, we have two Samsung TV’s that we’ve always relied on and a year and a half ago I purchased a brand new Samsung laptop that I absolutely adore. So the fact that they have an awesome tablet and camera was really exciting! It’s always nice to see a company you know and trust developing better products that you get to try out! I’d say hands down I’ve put more trust in the Samsung brand over the past few years than any other brand of technology out there–even Apple with my iPhone.
Even though I do have a DSLR camera, I do find it cumbersome at times to constantly be lugging around a huge camera. When we went to Disney last week I felt like I was carrying an extra purse with my camera. So the nice thing about this Samsung camera is that it’s smaller and lighter, but it produces the same bokeh (the blur in the background of the photo) that I like so much about my DSLR.
This camera isn’t like a standard point and shoot camera, it has a nice 20-50mm lens on the front that is interchangeable, but without the bulk of your typical DSLR.
I like the sleek, white, modern design of the Samsung NX1100. Most cameras you see are black or silver, so it’s a refreshing thing to see such a nice looking camera that it easy to use. It also has a detachable flash that comes with the camera (not shown in photo). I currently want to look into what other lens options there are for this camera and how they price.
Did you see? It’s a Smart Camera! You can shoot in manual or auto. You have the same options at the top as the DSLR with adjusting aperature, shutter speed, and more. Additionally, this camera has a video option and you can connect your photos over Wifi really easily–without having to connect it to your computer! There are a lot of other fun features on this camera too like special frames and more. It was fun trying out all the options.
Since we now have two, my hubby really wanted to make this “his” camera to try out more and take more photos. And for someone who rarely uses cameras or technology, he’s had little trouble getting going on it and understanding it all. It’s very intuitive and you can learn how it works very quickly and with ease.
The best part though, the Samsung NX1100 and Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 come in a bundle right now at Sam’s Club for $599. From what I can tell, that’s at least $80 off purchasing them separately online. Samsung created a smaller memory stick that can be plugged directly into your tablet and there is PHOTO EDITING software on there! GAH! For a gal like me who seems to ALWAYS be editing photos…it’s pretty excited to see I could edit them on the go!
The design and the screen are just as sleek and clear as the camera. I have a Nook as well and I was really blown away by this tablet compared to the Nook. It has Amazon Kindle capabilities on there too, so you can use it as an e-reader if that’s something you enjoy. I am excited to see about the Kindle’s book choices and prices of that of Barnes and Noble.
Finally, I found that this tablet had a great app that was similar to the Office Suite where you could not just open, but create worksheets, documents, and more. I haven’t seen too many tablets with those capabilities and being a working mom, I really appreciated that feature.
Overall…things I loved about this camera and tablet bundle:
- Convenience. They really did think of ease of use when designing these items. The fact that they have such great photo editing software on the tablet, as well as being able to directly upload photos from your camera over Wifi goes to show that Samsung is leading in ideas for their customers.
- The design and look, as well as quality. I liked the white color and modern design. The tablet has SO much to explore still and has so many options for apps and personalization.
- The camera takes great photos like a DSLR, but without the bulk of the DSLR. The small body of the camera with the interchangeable lens allows the beginner photographer to try out a camera that’s much better than a point and shoot, but that isn’t as complicated and overwhelming as a DSLR. The other thing—it’s WAY better quality than a cell phone with just as much convenience with the Wifi features!
- The price. The combination of the two, bundled at Sam’s Club, was $599. I think that’s a great price for a camera/tablet bundle with all the capabilities it has and how well they mesh together to create a perfect photography and photo editing technology.
- The video quality it great too and the tablet has video editing software! I used this camera to do the video for THIS post yesterday about my Butterfly Garden. I was thrilled with how it turned out and we didn’t have to bust out the bulky camcorder to complete it.
I’m really happy with this purchase and glad I got a chance to review it. As a long time Samsung lover, I’d definitely try checking this product out if you’re in the market for a camera and/or tablet and head to Sam’s Club for awesome savings on the bundle combination of the two. Here’s some of the photos I took with my new camera…