It’s funny because up until this weekend, it’s been bitterly cold in my neck of the woods, deep in snow. And today, the start of “spring forward” it’s finally starting to warm up and the the sun is out. I can feel spring in the air and know that the winter is near it’s end! So today I decided to make a fun little spring dessert idea using a recipe I’ve used before, but with a slight modification. You may remember my Cherry Cheesecakes, so today I’m doing a new take on them with these Lemon Sugar Cookie Mini Cheesecakes. If you’re looking for an easy cheesecake recipe that doesn’t require $50 in ingredients and a disastrous kitchen, then you’ve found it!!
The idea is pretty simple…you use store bought sugar cookie dough for the base/crust of the cheesecake. A very simple cheesecake mixture recipe…topped with canned lemon filling for the final display of deliciousness. I topped mine off with some jellybeans to make them a fun Easter dessert idea. You can make them in a cupcake tin too, so it’s easy post-dessert cleanup!!!
Lemon Sugar Cookie Mini Cheesecakes
- 2 eight oz. bars cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 roll of store bought sugar cookie dough
- 1 can lemon filling or lemon curd
- jelly beans
- Preheat your oven according to instructions on cookie package.
- Please cupcake liners in a cupcake pan and slice 1/4" to 1/2" slices of sugar cookie dough and place at the bottom of the liners.
- While oven is preheating, mix together your cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until nice and creamy and set aside.
- Bake sugar cookie crusts in oven for about 10 minutes, then pull out and top with 2 teaspoons of cheesecake mixture and immediately place back in the oven for 20 minutes. The dough will have risen up in the cups a bit, but the mixture will create a little "sinkhole" to go into.
- Once baked, allow to cool and then top with lemon and 3 jellybeans.
- Keep refrigerated until eating.
I think these would be perfect for Easter brunch or for an Easter egg hunt dessert!!