What you need:
One of my husband’s favorites is Peanut Brittle. We were at the Farmer’s Market the other day and purchased some for like $5-$6 for a small bag and it got me thinking I could probably make that! So low and behold, I did! Here’s a simple, easy, and AMAZING Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe! It’s probably the best brittle I’ve ever had and my stomach kinda hurts right now from eating it (and yet as I type I’m still eating it…dumb).
Here’s the recipe below! Enjoy!
Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside for later.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, corn syrup, salt and water to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Stir in peanuts.
- 4. Set a candy thermometer in place and continue cooking. Stir frequently until the temp reaches 300 degrees F.
- 5. Once temp hits 300 F, remove from heat and immediately stir in butter and baking soda.
- 6. Immediately pour onto cookie sheet and help spread out a bit.
- 7. Let cool and then lift up mixture and snap into pieces.
- ENJOY! It's addicting!!
I bought this cute little container at Target for one dollar and hope to make some more brittle soon for my son’s teachers as a fall treat! An easy treat that takes no time at all, is cheap to make, and is SURE to please!